"Bong Hits 4 Jesus" Does Free Speech Need Limits

• Yes

Votes: 12 11.0%
  • No

Votes: 90 82.6%
  • Other/Undecided

Votes: 7 6.4%

• Total voters
what about the religion issue "eat shit for jesus" is a variant of the same bong hits phrase and yet even if they try to censor it; it is a logical follow through of tradition and bible toward the diminishing of self to the benefit of others ''traditional christian service"

I like the original post. It's well written as far as it goes, but what's going on with the poll?
I mean, WTF??
"Bong Hits 4 Jesus" Does Free Speech Need Limits.....is this about bong hits or free speech? And why is the poll laid out in this way?

Shouldn't the question be: Do you consider the "Bong Hits 4 Jesus" thing to be free speech?

But I think that the real issue is something else entirely, or so I gathered from the original post.
It's more about political/religious/legal/etc. intolerance than anything else.
(and the fact that the US Supreme Court Justices fell all over themselves in order to avoid stating this totally obvious fact. Being intolerant is very "in" with the conservative crowd.)

We aren't allowed to yell "fire!" in a crowded theatre without an actual fire happening. That's a restriction on our free speech rights. You aren't allowed to threaten people with death - that's considered a form of assault.
There's plenty of restrictions out there already - but they're only supposed to be the type that actually protect people from harm.

Where am I going with this? Well, there's a lot of intolerant people out there who (feel free to correct me if I'm wrong) are intolerant because they feel threatened by whatever it is they're intolerant about. And they feel that being threatened in this way means that they should have their intolerances made into a fucking LAW!
Wow, I'm really intolerant about this issue...:grinjoint:

There was a poster who didn't want his 5yr old little girl to see a picture of a penis on some guy's shirt...I would feel the same way if I were walking around with a young daughter. BUT...I would give the shirt-guy a look of contempt for his utter lack of taste...that's as far as I would go. What you wear on a shirt is FREE SPEECH. For all I know, the guy's protesting a particularly obscure point of law or pubic opinion or something or not. (feel free to speculate - it's not impossible) Maybe it's the only way he'll ever have a big dick. It doesn't matter and it shouldn't be a big deal.

I wouldn't call the cops. I would be more worried about my little girl's reaction. If she knew what a penis looked like already, I would hope that she found out in a good way and not a bad way. If she didn't know what the hell it was, who cares? She probably won't remember or make an issue of it if YOU don't. Kids pick up on that shit fast.
You make a big deal out of something that may or MAY NOT be....

....and it becomes a big fucking deal - go ahead and traumatize your little girl by freaking out over a fucking picture of something gross. If she grows up thinking penises are gross, what will you do when she decides to become a lesbian? (Please no bullshit about people being born gay. It might happen sometimes, but not every fucking time...give me a break.)

Maybe the real issue here is people freaking out over shit they'd never freak out about if they weren't ignorant about it.
In which case, we need to get them stoned or educated or something.
:passitleft:

in a pm from a member i was asked (and i paraphrase) is this thread really marijuana related? and looking back i gotta admit that this thread is not really marijuana related. its about free speech. if thats the case then this thread doesn't meet the news dept. posting guidelinies. so i'm gonna get some staff opinions and this will be your chance to get yer 2 cents in. if its decided its really off topic i'm gonna close the thread.

hm anarchy would be interesting, but we'd have to have SOME national system in which to rate weed potency, and then have a national system for rating it based on it's taste, and most importantly, it's high.

you know, from what i got about that little (er...big?) post on anarchy is that everybody has the same amount of power, everybody ahs the power to get a group of people together to assemble, and that would work if everybody was able to think for themselves. but you always will have those people that seem braindead and eat everything they are fed, hence how cults and cult-like groups are created. anarchy would work, if everybody could think with a mind of thier own....but theres always gonna be that one guy who's so bent against drugs morally, that it'll just infuriate him when he sees somebody smoking pot, and he'll do something about it.

that's why i think it'd be easier to legalize it in a democracy, simply because weed IS worth money....we have to find some way to use that to our advantage. medical value, and monetary value, plus a very low risk. why can we not have people with phd's and doctorates put these 3 together in one giant thesis report on weed?

more than likely though, somebody's already come up with this idea and i just don't know about it...

and btw, im dry....hahahahahaha but it's so hot in my room im a bit dilerious i think.

hm anarchy would be interesting, but we'd have to have SOME national system in which to rate weed potency, and then have a national system for rating it based on it's taste, and most importantly, it's high.

you know, from what i got about that little (er...big?) post on anarchy is that everybody has the same amount of power, everybody ahs the power to get a group of people together to assemble, and that would work if everybody was able to think for themselves. but you always will have those people that seem braindead and eat everything they are fed, hence how cults and cult-like groups are created. anarchy would work, if everybody could think with a mind of thier own....but theres always gonna be that one guy who's so bent against drugs morally, that it'll just infuriate him when he sees somebody smoking pot, and he'll do something about it.

that's why i think it'd be easier to legalize it in a democracy, simply because weed IS worth money....we have to find some way to use that to our advantage. medical value, and monetary value, plus a very low risk. why can we not have people with phd's and doctorates put these 3 together in one giant thesis report on weed?

more than likely though, somebody's already come up with this idea and i just don't know about it...

and btw, im dry....hahahahahaha but it's so hot in my room im a bit dilerious i think.

Dude, I think yer replying to the wrong thread....
..and open a window...let some oxygen in....jeez

haha it was hot as balls...i apologize for that rather senseless post :Rasta:

having no ac in the middle of the city is almost as much bullshitake *edit as having no ganja in a big city.

plus my add has been wreaking havoc on me in the past few days of being dry...this brings me to another thing, why havn't i seen anybody talk about how cannabis can help add and adhd instead of pumping our kids full of ritylin? my mom talked about giving me this organic stuff, that wasn't a pill, but came in cookies and brownies when i was younger, and then i saw something on youtube about they were trying cannabis in small doses on kids. beats the hell out of the zombie/emotionless state that ritylin, adderal, concerta, and even stratera puts you in.

Free speech with a marijuana theme.Sounds like a good thread for the site.This not only became an affront to free speech but an attack on stoners as well.Then of course there's the jesus thing which brings the loonies out of the closet.It was an attempt at humor people.Lighten up,or light up whatever makes your day.:peace:

Back
Top Bottom