poorley plant. yellow leaves and topping

hank almighty

hello there everybody. im new so i hope i can get some better info from this site then the info most of my impudent mates have enlightened my with. this is also my first time growing so im not imformed and knowledged enough. my bottom leaves are starting to turn yellow, ive been groing for about 2-2 an half months. they are in my coservatory with only natural light but its like an oven and the feed ive been giving them is a stocking full of horse manuer in a bucket full of water. ive also herd of topping to mutiply the heads but i dont know if im too far into the growth to be able to do it but if i am can somebody tell me were and how on the plant. cheers and thank you for any help

IMG_12862.JPG
IMG_1285.JPG

IMG_1284.JPG

IMG_1282.JPG

IMG_1281.JPG

IMG_12802.JPG

IMG_1279.JPG

Hank sounds like less than ideal condition for most of the strains that would be consumed by choice. Give real numbers when posing questions to get answers that will be helpful, one mans hot could be another's cold,etc. I'd say right off the top stay away from watery horse shit. Generally the lowermost leaves on these plants tend to yellow and dye for a couple of reasons, The denser foliage on top shades these leaves and the top cola is slowing the rest of the plant to it's advantage. None of your pics showed up so any info to share beyond this is pure speculation. Come back with mo info We try to help....

Looking at the pictures Hank, I'd say that they look thirsty. The soil looks a little tight, does it drain fairly easy? Find some good nutes and foliar feed the plant might be cannibalizing these leaves to boost nutrition, these are storage tanks for top of plant. The plants look ok otherwise. I wouldn't top these plants for a couple of reasons, for one it looks like it's normal structure is single cola and the recovery time from the shock usually is not worth the wait. One thing you can do is take several clippings from the bottom half of these plants when you get them humming along, then put a nice SOG together. Good Luck...

Light- Using sunlight indoors will not work well. The plants do not get direct light mainly because the sun shifts throughout the day. This is why the plants are becoming very tall and stretching out.

Soil- Your soil looks like top-soil, full of sticks and very compacted. This type of soil (on it's own) is poorly suited for growing in containers. Compacted soil will restrict the growth of the roots and will not allow for proper drainage.

Nutrients- You need to feed the plants something. The yellowing leaves could easily be due to lack of available Nitrogen in the soil.

In short, I would by some CFL bulbs for light. They are cost effective, run cool, and are cheap to operate. If nothing else, they could provide supplemental lighting for when the sun shifts.

Next, I would transplant the plants into a soil-mix. A good soil mix should contain peat and perlite as well as other soil amendments. Let the old soil that is loosely attached to the root ball fall free and transplant the root ball into the new soil in a larger container.

Finally, you need some decent plant food and I would suggest a bottle of fish/kelp emulsion that is inexpensive and readily available. Fish emulsion is an excellent source of Nitrogen and some brands even contain adequate levels of Phosphrus and Potassium.

Your plants really do not look too bad, but with these basic supplies you will be even better off then you are now. :peace:

Back
Top Bottom