Yellowing of my leaves

why in the world would you want to do that?? Just water at the correct pH and all is good... let the soil create a drift that drags you across the entire usable pH range of 6.3-6.8. With your soil buffered up at the high end where it is supposed to be, all you have to do is water at 6.3pH and you are golden.
i don’t know if you answered me but- In Coco coir can/should you change ph from one watering to the next like 6.5 then 5.8 to change up your plant a bit but keep in range or is that minutia

i don’t know if you answered me but- In Coco coir can/should you change ph from one watering to the next like 6.5 then 5.8 to change up your plant a bit but keep in range or is that minutia
many people see benefit from changing up within the proper range, and I have heard of people doing it like you suggest, spotting random numbers within both ranges on various waterings. This is a complicated subject that depends on so many things, but most importantly how you work it depends on the drift that you expect to see in the system that you are running, or if it doesn't have a drift at all. My personal belief is that you have to hit both ends of the range to get full benefit of all of the nutes available to the plant. You can do this manually or you can play the drift of your medium. Because most soils and most hydro systems drift up, the general advice is to set your pH to somewhere near the low end of that range, or 5.5 in hydro and 6.3 in soil, but many people don't like to trust that drift or feel it moves too slowly [as the soil dries out or water leaves the hydro system] and choose instead to set to mid range, 5.8 or 6.5. To each his/her own... you got to find out what works for you.

Well it turned out it was pretty root bound so I transplanted this one into a 3 gallon fabric pot and got the soil runoff to a 6.0-6.5 ph and a ppm of 270 before putting her in. She’s still looking a bit yellow. Any idea on when she should look better? Or any advice. Thank you

3AEA6C37-0F1C-42F0-9A0F-2443E395B5E7.jpeg
61699C3D-ED44-4658-BE2B-212AC7FD0EF4.jpeg
3AEA6C37-0F1C-42F0-9A0F-2443E395B5E7.jpeg
61699C3D-ED44-4658-BE2B-212AC7FD0EF4.jpeg

I'm sincerely sorry to throw more information at you but I believe I'm seeing something others missed. You have a calcium deficiency. I've had a million and it's something you always must deal with when using led's. And with 3 gal pot's and larger, I stop ph'ing completely. In my yrs of organic growing I've never had a deficiency that wasn't Cal or Mag.

I'm sincerely sorry to throw more information at you but I believe I'm seeing something others missed. You have a calcium deficiency. I've had a million and it's something you always must deal with when using led's. And with 3 gal pot's and larger, I stop ph'ing completely. In my yrs of organic growing I've never had a deficiency that wasn't Cal or Mag.

I’m planted in a 3 gallon fabric pot in roots organic original soil using the roots organic line of nutrients. I haven’t gave it a feeding yet since it’s been transplanted last Thursday. I’m just letting the soil dry out then was going to finally feed her. What do you suggest I do? Add more cal mag to the mix?

I’m planted in a 3 gallon fabric pot in roots organic original soil using the roots organic line of nutrients. I haven’t gave it a feeding yet since it’s been transplanted last Thursday. I’m just letting the soil dry out then was going to finally feed her. What do you suggest I do? Add more cal mag to the mix?

And no need to be sorry my man!! I just wanna learn as much as I can with this being my very first grow Thank you

If the leaves are yellow now they will stay yellow they will not repair them selves watch that the new growth is not yellow also , if it is yes add the calmag , do not change your ph in large differences all at once , let it drift gradually with each watering eg, 6.2to 6.3 to no more than 6.8 ever, then take your ph slowly back again , certain nutes are better absorbed at different ph range , stay between 6.2 and 6.8 , 2ml of calmag per 4lt of water is a good starting point and increase from there .200 ppm on the nutes and about 60 ppm on the calmag and ph at 6.2 is a good start point .check what the water going in is (Ppm and ph ),you need a accurate starting point , if your water has 250 ppm and then you add your nutes you will be way to high - R.O. water is always best as you have total control over what your plants get and need , Try testing some rain water and see what you get for numbers, there is no salt etc in rain water only nitrogen and other beneficial nutes , that's why plants do so well in outdoor grows. your soil will slowly take the levels of the water you put in plus a small up swing , let your soil dry out and then water, drooping leaves mean time to water or they have been over water, keep a journal of what you did every time you water and what you gave and what the plant looked like this is how you remember what you did ,it even helps for your next grow to refer back to , in time it will become just natural as to what to do if you have a problem plus every single plant has totally different needs from the plant growing beside it .don't try to change your soil ph in just 1 watering , do it slowly and don't worry about run off,
If you water correctly to start off with the run off will be good also , garbage in = garbage out .Keep you ppm low as you can always add more to the next watering but it is really hard to take back when growing soil. There is no golden rule to growing.
20181202_113252.jpg

You're gonna need a bottle as a part of your total nutrient attack plan. Of course there's calcium and magnesium nitrate in your trio but led's require a little more. 1/4 to 1/2 tsp with every feeding is a good place to start. If you're down with GH, lots of ppl use theirs. Cali magic I believe. With synthetic cal mag you need to be aware that you're adding more N, which can be problematic. I'm currently using Advanced Nutrients, General Organics and True Plant Science organic cal mag in different ratio's depending on strain and stage of growth. I grow in coco now with strong led's, so I go through some cal mag.

I use the water from my refrigerator. I believe it’s iust filtered water is that good? And so you’re saying to just mix my nutes with the filtered water and just don’t ph?

I use the water from my refrigerator. I believe it’s iust filtered water is that good? And so you’re saying to just mix my nutes with the filtered water and just don’t ph?
my tap water is 330ppm - after refrigerator carbon filter , it is 300. it limits the amount of nutes you can add- i use rainwater. Don’t you get a Mauka shower everyday? Mahalo bra!

Back
Top Bottom