Yellowing leaves progressing from bottom

Parched884

420 Member
I’ve been growing since April. Great growth over the last month or so LED lights in the morning. Direct sunshine for about six hours average a day. The total sunlight, including LED lights around 10 hours per day. I have noticed leaves at the bottom are going yellow and it seems to be progressing upwards. I’m thinking a nitrogen deficiency? Any input would be much appreciated thank you.
IMG_7442.jpeg

IMG_7444.jpeg

IMG_7443.jpeg

I have noticed leaves at the bottom are going yellow and it seems to be progressing upwards. I’m thinking a nitrogen deficiency? Any input would be much appreciated thank you.
What @Roy Growin mentions when he typed "..probably need to feed her about now, they look hungry"

Most likely you have reached the limit as far as what a container of soil that size can supply to the plant. As the plant continues to grow taller and sends out more stems and leaves it will need even more. The smaller photo is from your 1st photo and it is showing the beginnings of appears to be a Nitrogen deficiency which very often will start to show in the lower leaves. (A Potassium deficiency tends to start in the leaves in the upper portion of the canopy.)

Consider finding a fertilizer mix with low level Nitrogen level or better yet a balanced fertilizer. Either way, add that to you watering and feeding schedule. The way I see it, the idea is to stop or at least slow down the yellowing. Once the plant goes into flowering it will be really hard to get it to replace any leaves that get completely yellow and turn brown.

LED lights in the morning. Direct sunshine for about six hours average a day. The total sunlight, including LED lights around 10 hours per day.
Sounds like you might be in the Australia area or maybe somewhere in South America.

I’ve been growing since April. Great growth over the last month or so LED lights in the morning. Direct sunshine for about six hours average a day. The total sunlight, including LED lights around 10 hours per day. I have noticed leaves at the bottom are going yellow and it seems to be progressing upwards. I’m thinking a nitrogen deficiency? Any input would be much appreciated thank you.
IMG_7442.jpeg

IMG_7444.jpeg

IMG_7443.jpeg
Idk my friend the containers looks a lot wet to me in the picture might be your nitrogen has evaporated off maybe let them dry out good and give a dose of good nitro feed if you're organic try top dressing or side dressing fish meal ✌️ probably want to correct that B4 it becomes a REAL ISSUE

Thanks for the tips. I have a fish fertilizer I started using 5•1•1. Think that will work? I haven’t water in a few days and will now be using fertilizer more frequently. Hope it helps !

image.jpg
That will help for now, but your plant is getting ready to go into bloom, and it really needs a good full range nutrient so you can start building up what is going to be needed for the transition into bloom and the bloom stage itself. What were you planning on giving her besides this fish juice?

No plans but open to suggestions!
It depends a lot on where in the world you are. Not everything available in the USA is available in other parts of the world. Then it depends on the style of growing you wish to do, organic or veganic or synthetic. It depends on your budget, your personal mobility and how hard you are willing to work at this. It depends on whether you feel more comfortable with a 1 mix system, or are comfortable measuring different amounts from different bottles to form a complicated mix. Lastly, it depends on how much you wish to spend.

there are loads of good cannabis nutes i can think of that we have access to. comes down to what direction the OP wanted to go in. it's gonna take some investment no matter what.

worse case scenario is maybe could finish it out on tomato nutes, but i wouldn't count on it.

I have a fish fertilizer I started using 5•1•1. Think that will work?
It will help. I use that same product and also one that is a 3-1-1.

The plants will need more though as they enter into flower which should be coming up in 5 to 6 weeks. It is best to be ahead of things and start giving those what they need now for their vegetating stage. And, be ready to add what they need for flowering when the schedule shifts in August.

How you want to do it and how much you want to do is up to you. Every little bit will be helpful especially considering that the plant's roots are trapped inside those containers. As the plant get s larger with more leaves it will need more nutrients and the amount of soil is not going to be enough. That is why so many recommend finding a fertilizer to help supplement what the soil is providing.

preferred to be more simple and not wanting to spend a crazy amount of money
Simple is easy. These days there are many different blends of nutrients on the market with fairly "easy to follow" instructions. A bit of reading up on what the basics of fertilizer and it should be easy to find something that fits for you.

As for the amount of money what you end up spending should be worth while. I see it as if I spend $40 US on a fertilizer for 2 plants and it increases the combined weight at harvest by an ounce (call it 30 gram) above what would have happened anyway then it is money well spent. If it increases the quality or potency of the entire harvest then it is an additional bonus.

Then, another bonus is that there should be enough left of the fertilizer that I can use it on two more plants next year. The $40 US I spent is now coming out to just $20 US per year.

I’m in Ontario Canada
Ontario is a big province and the approximate date when the plants will switch over to flowering will vary by a week or more from the south end near Lake Erie to the north end up by Hudson Bay. If you are in the Windsor area then you would be noticing the change over around the 10th to 15th of August. The approximate dates for any other area of Ontario, or Canada, should come up in discussions in the Canada sub-forum found on this message board.

Knowing the date of flowering helps to keep us on track with the plants as the seasons change.

Hey @Parched884, and welcome to the forum!

Your plants are lookin' good! They are photoperiod not autoflowering, yeah? I'm thinking they maybe haven't been getting enough sunlight, up against a wall like that, and the LEDs are low-powered and not providing enough supplemental light. How many hours of darkness are they currently getting?

Back
Top Bottom