Possible problems with my Platinum OG Kush, indoor Soil, first grow

Yeti

i kick myself in the teeth for not seeking advice far earlier, but i have this issue with a few of my platinum OG kush plants, i got as clones on 11-16-11 and now its turning 12-21-11 still in veg fer a few more days.. i was wondering if anyone knows whats going on with this.
the affected plants have a tendency to produce new growth that looks crinkled like tinfoil or wadded up paper and grows very wide fan-leafs with only 3 fingers. and other leaves that at first seemed to start fine start to twist & turn sideways as it grows. i had considered this to be a trait of the strain until now.
on 12-10-11 i began using earth juice products in my watering cycles, so far they have been every saturday, using EJ:grow weekly (so far) and catalyst, meta-k and micoblast bi-weekly or less often. i am using foxfarm ocean forest soil with happy frog "starter" mixed with soil during transplant. and giving plants a misting with the same bottled water i am watering with about once a day usually toward the end of "light on cycle".
i have been taking group photos very often and individuals much less often but a few older individual pix ARE still available if necessary i will happily post them.

this is my most dramatically deformed Platinum OG Kush
IMG_4688.jpg

this is showing one of the retarded new fan-leaves on same plant
IMG_46892.jpg

this is a different Platinum OG Kush from same batch showing the way the new fan-leaves tend to bend &twist
IMG_46902.jpg

Re: possable problems with my Platinum OG Kush, indoor Soil, first grow

i have daily temp records and lots of group photos to refer to if it is necessary to get some help, without lookn anything up i know the coldest it has been is 55* and the hottest was 86* the 55 is unfortunately common range fer low when light is off, and the high was only the day in wich i hadn't yet hooked up the venting system to the light hood, now it tops out at 73-75*

how tall were they when you got them as clones....?
3 fingered leave in older grows is stress.....atm i think you dont have to worry i see five fingered leaves.....how is your soil.....according to pictures its not wet....i see a dry toplayer......and healthy plants......what lights are you using and what is the distance to the plant.....
still they are nice and green ....and i wouldnt worry that much.

i am using 1000 watt MH @24" over tops, the soil is wet@about 1"under, i was training them to lay sideways, i just released them gona let em go to stretch a bit & gona apply scrog screen soon (if that is advisable) but still kept a accurate log of length, the plant in first 2 pics she is 8.625(8,5\8)inches & she started @3.5"tall the tallest Platinum og was 5" to start, ill throw in a group pic too, so yal see the issue as far as my concern with stunted growth & stuff..

the one in first 2 pics is the 2nd from left in middle row, & feel free to comment on any aspects of the pic, i am open fer suggestions
IMG_46822.jpg

the back row is Devils Weed and all those in white bucket are Platinum OG Kush both strains are about the same age within a few days orso

55 is to low......when your temp hits like 15 degrees celcius...which is 59.0 fahrenheit all growth will stop.....night time is also a precious time for your babies.......get your temp up to at least .....64.4 and you will see ...growth again......when you swith over to bloom....switch your mh for hps....good luck.

55 is a bit low, but the leaves don't show any discoloring or signs of deficiency.. Do you have a fan blowing close to that plant? I've seen this happen to me sometimes on leaves really close to the fan, the fan was causing the deformation. It didn't affect the growth in any way. Your plants look nice and healthy

so, i got space heaters with digital thermostat they are kicking on at 65* &off at 68*, i think this should prevent this stunting from happening in the future

thanks for the advice Vannelle & OrganicTreees i really appreciate it

Hey Yeti
Do you have a grow Journal for this grow Id love to see the outcome.
Do ay other readers want to see this grow journaled?
Good luck and May all your bud be kind

Back
Top Bottom