Pot Clinics Turn to Sacramento Lobbyist to Smooth Relations With Costa Mesa Officials

Jim Finnel

Fallen Cannabis Warrior & Ex News Moderator
Medical marijuana clinic operators, who have not exactly received a welcome reception in Costa Mesa, have retained a Sacramento lobbyist in hopes of smoothing over their tense relationship.

Medical Marijuana Providers Fight Back After Costa Mesa Busts

Based on an introductory letter to Mayor Alan Mansoor and the City Council, California Capitol Solutions is not breaking the ice with the stick of Prop 215 enforcement but the carrot of a desperately needed new revenue source for police and other city services.

Another Costa Mesa Medical Marijuana Dispensary Bites the Dust

The letter from Max Del Real, the lobby firm's owner, follows:

Dear Mayor Mansoor And Honorable Councilmembers,

Good morning. I hope this note finds you well. I am writing today on behalf of my client, the Orange County Directors Alliance (OCDA) - an association of medical cannabis professionals in the City of Costa Mesa.

As a leading cannabis industry lobbyist in California, I have the pleasure of working directly with civic leaders like yourself throughout the state on the issues facing medical cannabis and its effective regulation. My work with cities and counties is focused on best practice as it relates to MCDC ordinance language, taxation, and regulation. Many municipalities are taking proactive measures in their management of medical cannabis; recently, I worked directly with the City of Sacramento to pass a unanimous vote in favor of medical cannabis and its opportunity to provide new revenue in support of public services and its departments.

My client, the OCDA and its members, is interested in working with the City of Costa Mesa to create a fair and reasonable Medical Cannabis Ordinance that works for everyone. The OCDA's mission promotes:

Health and Wellness for Qualified Patients
Safe Access to Alternative Medicine
Advancement of Public Safety and Safer Streets
New and Sustainable Jobs in the Community
Local Revenue and Community-based Support

I would like to schedule a meeting with you and your staff to actively pursue this important topic and exciting opportunity. Many cities and counties throughout our state are actively creating legislation towards a win-win resolution in their communities. I would encourage you to do the same. I look forward to hearing from you soon. Best.

M. Max Del Real
Owner/Advocate
California Capitol Solutions

​Del Real represents cannabis clinics and other businesses in the medical marijuana industry statewide. His clients include the Green Door dispensary in San Francisco, Oaksterdam University in Oakland and the Sacramento Alliance of Collectives.

Medical Marijuana Advocate Chadd McKeen Seeks to Shake Up Costa Mesa City Council

Here's his bio:

Max Del Real is a first-generation Mexican-American who earned his degree at UC Berkeley. A California native, Max is passionate about democracy and its engagement. As a former classroom teacher, Max inspired thousands of youths to excel in school and go to college. He is currently active in business associations, education groups, and volunteer organizations. Utilizing his strength in effective communication and coalition building, Max Del Real enjoys strong relationships with key legislators and their staff, and has immediate access to influential stakeholders in the capitol community. His legislative interests include education, health, commerce, transportation, and the environment.

Max is an accomplished athlete and enjoys swimming, running, and cycling. Health and wellness are top priorities for Max Del Real. Recently, Max and Team OC Quattro completed The Race Across America, a 3,000-mile, world-class bicycle race.

Max Del Real lives in Chico, CA, with his wife and two kids, who attend public school.

NewsHawk: User: 420 MAGAZINE
Source: ocweekly.com
Author: Matt Coker
Copyright: 2010 OC Weekly, LP.
Website: Pot Clinics Turn to Sacramento Lobbyist to Smooth Relations With Costa Mesa Officials - Orange County News - Navel Gazing

Back
Top Bottom