Pot Party Considers Folding

Jim Finnel

Fallen Cannabis Warrior & Ex News Moderator
The B.C. Marijuana Party May Have Taken Its Final Toke.

Party leader and local pot activist Marc Emery says he is considering shutting down the party.

"It's quite possible I'll fold the B.C. Marijuana party and put my energy into the B.C. Greens after this election," Emery, a.k.a. the Prince of Pot, said.

The Marijuana Party has been active in B.C. politics since May 2001 when the party ran a full slate of candidates during the contest that elected Premier Gordon Campbell by a landslide.

But the B.C. Green Party has the same stance on substance regulation as his party, Emery explained, and the Green Party is a better vehicle to make change happen.

"They have that one key element of their platform that I have a vested interest in making sure becomes as popular as possible," Emery said.

News Hawk: User: 420 MAGAZINE ® - Medical Marijuana Publication & Social Networking
Source: Vancouver 24hours
Copyright: 2009 Canoe Inc
Author: Morgan J. Modjeski

It will be sorry to see the end of The MJ Party.As much as I supported Mr. Emery,I have to agree that splitting the vote with The Greens is not a good idea.But Please Mr Emery continue your good fight for pot,medical and all.:peace:

The extradition hearing is scheduled for June 1-5th, 2009 for him, Michelle Rainey and Greg Williams. From what its looks like he's not going anywhere. At least until the govt locks him up. Which I hope never happens. His wife is running for MLA in Vancouver-Fraserview. I just posted an article he wrote. From everything I have read I doubt hes going anywhere. He'll be fighting till we win.

Back
Top Bottom