Potential table / cabinet

jlaudiofan

I've got an orchid table i think i can modify to grow on..

table1.jpg

I'll put up some plywood walls. There are already fluro light fixtures, for 6x 4' bulbs in the top of the table, but i'm not sure if that's the best thing to use. They will have to come off anyways so I can put them on a pulley system to raise / lower them.

Would this be a pretty good start? I've got about 3 and a half feet from the level of the table to the top where the lights are, which should be plenty of room.

I'd like to do a hydroponic setup but I don't know if i've really got enough room. There is a big glass tray in there (right now it's full of cedar bark) that I could potentially turn into a hydro system but I think some rubbermaid containers might be a cheap and easier way to start.

Any suggestions / thoughts / insight as to this project?

Thanks.

Looks ideal man. I would love to mod that into a grow station... the lights are good for vegetative growth, but you might want to get something with a little bit more juice to flower. If all else fails, you could just replace your blue/green spec bulbs with some red spectrum bulbs during flowering. Make sure you get those lights movin' like you said, the lights need to be very close to the plants to prevent unwanted stretching. Cant wait to see what you come up with...
I hope you decide to start a journal and share your grow with all of us here at 420mag.
Good luck to you my friend, its time to get creative...
:roorrip:

One more thing...
How much space is on the lower level? this could possibly be a great location to propagate while still keeping it 12/12 upstairs. Always best to keep the nugs in full supply. :smokin:

One more thing...
How much space is on the lower level? this could possibly be a great location to propagate while still keeping it 12/12 upstairs. Always best to keep the nugs in full supply. :smokin:

I think there's about a foot and a half on the lower level. I think i'm going to end up enclosing the whole table and like you said, use the lower level for cloning or whatever. I'm a total grow newbie so i'm not quite sure how the whole cloning process works though. I do know how to grow a garden though so I think it shouldn't be too hard to figure out.

Dr. Dread, thanks for the kind words, I'll try and start a journal but who knows if i'll keep up with it. Depends on the interest ;)

This weekend I'll start drawing up some plans for boxing in the table and hopefully get some work done.

GOOMORNING! creativity my friend!!! you can use that down side for cloning... vegging... need more room?? tear out the base board.. take it to the floor! man im medicated and happy as hell. i give u the best of luck! innovation my friend... toke up and think of some creative things... read and learn about different possibilities and its endless. i love creating thing and most especially grow rooms!

cheers - vague :ganjamon:

Back
Top Bottom