Pots and run off - Indoor

Soilwork

Hi guys. So i tried a search on 420 but didnt really come up with anything. when you are watering, whether a bucket or smart pot whats the best way to deal with the run of?? Have a plastic cathcher underneath and re use ever water or??

Sent from my SM-G900I using 420 Magazine Mobile App

u can buy those plastic catch trays for under a dollar. get u a cheap shop vac to clean them out so u dont have to keep lifting the plant.

DON'T reuse the water .

u can buy those plastic catch trays for under a dollar. get u a cheap shop vac to clean them out so u dont have to keep lifting the plant.

DON'T reuse the water .
Perfect thanks devils lettuce. I only ask because looking at some peoples set up they dont seem to have them wtf..

All good tho just collecting peices so when my set up arrives im good to go.

Hi guys. So i tried a search on 420 but didnt really come up with anything. when you are watering, whether a bucket or smart pot whats the best way to deal with the run of?? Have a plastic cathcher underneath and re use ever water or??

i asked this when i first got here. i build a table that drains for lots of plants.

ill grab a pic for you.

Shower bases work great. Also the catch basins they use under hot water heaters. Both are available for free if you have access to a landfill. I built a drain in the floor of my grow.

Interesting idea for the drain in the floor. As mines will be set up setup in a bedroom this might be hard to do at first. Ill think about it

It's also very simple to set up electric pumps if you're even moderately handy. A small pump with a float switch, which makes it come on automatically, can pump the water away to... where? Depends on your situation- but if nothing else it could be pumped into a bucket, which is more convenient to remove. I pump my water in. It leaves via the drain.

Does sound easy i have set up a pump beforenin my boat. Guess its a similar thing but on a smaller scale. Sounds like a nice addition. Thanks

f631be6c232383c547919b9a4a62f71b.jpg

This is what I use. From Home Depot. Plastic siding that's white and reflective

I build table. Prop one side up two inches and lay this over table. It lets air flow under pots. Catches all drain and cheap enough to replace.

Sent from my iPhone using 420

Also milk crates work good. I think letting air flow under pot is important. Never heard any comment on it but from what I've seen I think it matters.

Milk crate with plastic water catcher under it from Home Depot and shop vac

Sent from my iPhone using 420

Nice i like the milk crate idea..gives the youngnplants a but of extra height aswelk.

Back
Top Bottom