Powdery mildew - Exel

maya420

Hey brothers and sisters saw a post about exel

Exel LG (Lawn & Garden) is a broad spectrum systemic fungicide for turf, fruit trees, ornamentals and flower

How much do you put in your water before you give it to your babies and can you put it straight into the water of a hydroponic system?

Re: Powdery mildew :( Exel

Don't know about excell but heres a recipe I found for Powdery mildue...1 gallon warm water,3 tablespoons baking soda,1 tablespoon Murphys Oil Soap. Mix and spray on plants be sure to get both sides of leaves, use every wk till its gone (the mildue that is ...

Thanks, I have been trying 3% hydrogen peroxide foliage spray it seemed to help a little, but now I am trying diluted baking soda in a spray bottle I hope this helps, but most guys on this site say once you got it you have to remove it from the inside of the plant, so I was hoping for something to put straight in the water to kill this nasty stuff.

I am doing soil and hydro. I pulled the plants from the flower chamber that had mildew and I destroyed them (careful to not spread the spores), but some of my little babies vegging still have it.

Is there anything you can add to the resevoir to combat fungus and mold ?

Myself, I wouldn't use a systemic anything, it never leaves the plant.

You want to be smoking that stuff? Better read closer about what it says for food crops.

I'd also google a DIY sulfur burner.

DD

Sulfur burner is on it way I will have it soon. I an going to try the Exel LG to see if it helps it is graded for food products. There was a guy on this site named kickstart he says it works I was hoping to hear from him but oh well. I ordered the Exel LG today should be here soon.

Strains:
Pineapple kush
Banana kush
ak-48
Cheese
Super lemon haze
purple #1
The purple #1 seems the least affected the cheese is fighting it pretty well.

I am using Great White and Sensizyme are those suppose to help fight powdery mildew?

The sulfur burner is here :). Since one side of my flowers are in week 2 and the other side in week one I will setup the sulfur burner tonight and let it start when the lights go out. I will run it four six hours since I still have signs of powdery mildew :(. Does any know how long I should run it for and does this just prevent the mildew from spreading or will it kill the spores in the air?

The sulfur burner is here :). Since one side of my flowers are in week 2 and the other side in week one I will setup the sulfur burner tonight and let it start when the lights go out. I will run it four six hours since I still have signs of powdery mildew :(. Does any know how long I should run it for and does this just prevent the mildew from spreading or will it kill the spores in the air?

It will KILL it!! Probably will not be back either.

Now, please hold off on the Excel if you haven't applied it yet.

6 hours should do it, but what is the size of the room?

DD

What up dog? Ok my room is 8x12 but it is split in two so I can have a continues grow. The flower side is 4x8, so I plan on leaving the lights on for the veg side. Will this b ok? NO Exel LG as of yet and I can post some photos tonight if I can figure that out. I have not sprayed anything on the flowering plants except Baking soda and only a little not very much. I don't spray flowers

For a 4x8 room, about 3 tbl of sulfur pellets and a 3 hr burn.

Lights out and fans off.

You're just going to do 1 room and they are well sealed/separated from each other? No air leaks or that sort of thing?

DD

Thats great info guys but I have had these problems and the SNS 244 and the 217 are by far some of the best products I have used. Unfortunately when mites, mold, or fungus, rear there ugly heads what we see is the tip of the iceberg.

The rooms are sealed well no light leaks, but there is probably some air leaks. Both sides of my room have PM, so should I shut all lights off and leave the flower door open? I could do this twice a week for the next two weeks any more than that and I think my flowers will taste like bad-eggs since these flowers will be in week 4 and 5 at that point. I could leave the lights of for the full 12 hours and it should not hurt my vegging babies that much right just kind of confuse them. I guess I would need to run the burner for six hours then right?

If yer gonna do both rooms, 1/4 cup of pellets and a 4 hr burn.

You gonna have this on a timer, or just watch it? 6 hrs seems a bit much. It's easy to re do. See what a 3 or 4 hr burn does first and how much sulfur is left after the burn.

No fans, no lights, no sparks.

DD

Thanks Droopy Dog. I did exactly what you said. I let it run for three hours I will check to see how much sulfur is left tonight.

This is what I did:
Went in room about 7:45 am shut all fans off and lights. I left the flower door open and turned the exhaust fan off as well. I set the timer for 9:00 am to 12:00 pm and at 12:00 pm I went back and turned the exhaust fan on and let it run for 2 hours before entering the room. At 2:00 pm today I went in to the room fumbled around in the dark and managed to turn all fans on close the flower door and then turn on the lights on the veg side (need to get green light). I know I should try to do it before the flowers wake up, but this way my vegging babies only slept for six hours. I used 1/4 cup sulfur.
I will do it again Monday or should I do it Sunday? Well thanks for the help dog. :)

rsz_img_09962.jpg
IMG_10064.JPG
rsz_img_1002.jpg

Here are some of the pics I promised. This is a close up of the ak-48 and the soil side. The sulfur seemed to help.

i've got an outdoor grow with powdery mildew.
i'sprayed a bottle of bacillus fungus or something and dusted them with some sulfur powder.
will they smell like eggs when they're dried? i'll try and wash them off. i'd like to try the sulfur powder in water for a spray on.
it's 6 plants in dirt. started with one weak plant and i didn't get to it early enough. early is everything.
how do i know if it's in the buds? i've been cutting off leaves like mad because their time has come anyway. probably 3 weeks or so until harvest.
thanks guys,
this forum is such a great resource.

Back
Top Bottom