ppm for young plants.

Badbackguy

Hi everyone. Any ideas on what the ppm should be in an aeroponic system using Fox farm grow big (hydro) for plants that are about three weeks old?

These are my cousins plants, and after he began to slowly up the nutes, he got a lot of nute burn, mainly on his medibuds..The white widows and orange buds look good so far, but the medibud started to cringe at about 240 ppm..

I suggested that he do a flush just to play it safe...His PH is around 5.6-6.2

The only troubles that he has really had is controlling his res temps, going as high as 78 degrees...Since that day, he began freezing gallon milk jugs and now he's right around 72 pretty much all of the time.. He also told me that he uses hydrogen peroxide to help compensate for his res temps... He also told me that when he flushed today, the water was really clear, and had no stench at all....So I guess I'm just trying to figure out whether it's the sensitivity of the medibud, or is he heading for trouble? Also, he commented how white the roots are, so I guess that's a good sign...The big question is tomorrow after he refills, how much fert to add....Any ideas?

Thanks for all of your help :)

:thanks:

I agree and I did originally suggest that to him about growing 1 strain at a time, but hindsight does tend to be 20/20. He has 30 gallons of water in his aero-totes and I guess he thought the extra gallons would help, also with summer running out, I think he's hopeful that the climate will cool down soon, or at least by flowering time...

So, anyway, what is a good ppm for his plants at this age?

That's very hard to say. Every plant/strain is an individual. The 200 range seems fine, but apparantly, one of your strains disagrees with that.

Folks seem to go 2 ways depending on their experience level. Either they stay to a strict feeding schedule usually available from your neut manufacturer, or, as experience grows, they use the published feeding schedule as a base, and crank up the neut levels to what their plants can absorb watching for signs of negative impact.

Any chance of moving the "touchy" plants to a different grow rig?

Cheers

No, he’s got 1 tote filled with white wodow max, and the other tote has half orange and half medi... I was shocked this morning to see just how bad the medis look...But he flushed them both yesterday, and he plans to re-flush and then add nutes today..I told him to hold off the nutes on the medi tote just so we can see what’s gonna happen..Maybe a day or three without the nutes would be helpful to the medi/orange tote.

Its tough because as far as I know, he was using fox farms schedule but at a greatly reduced amount regarding the grow big. I dont think he even got to 25% and yes he was slowly adding the nutes, then signs of burn, go figure...

The medis just look horrible, and I could see that he was heart broken; maybe a couple uneventful non-fert days would help them out.

The funny thing is that fox farm tells you what to add as far as volume but Ive seen nothing with regards to ppm.

And thanks Tead for all of your input and help, I hope things for you are going well :peace:

I will do that indeed..I have heard other people on other forums say that the medibud is a bit of a pain to grow, but they never really elborated any further...

as far as PPM...I like to crank up to 1500 as well as 1500 ppm of Co2. Ive been as high as 2400 for a couple weeks with no ill effects. you have other issuse I believe. The peroxide kills not just the bad stuff but also the benficial bacteria. The flush is a good idea WEEKLY. I dont know if u are doing that or not. My res temp is 70-75F and smells like a well kept fishtank....a GOOD SMELL

Back
Top Bottom