PPM - Let's go higher or let's keep it low

The plants are watered three times a day, once when the lights come on and then at 8 hour intervals, 15 minutes each time.

Humidity is maintained at 60% day, 50% night in veg. I can't vary humidity in veg for individual plants by age.

Temps are maintained by fan extraction at the moment; I'm fluxuating between 73°F and 68°F day and night respectively. Without AC and heating that's what it is.

Air exchange is covered by the exhaust fan.

Air movement is covered by a constantly running and oscillating fan as well as the fans from the dehumidifier and humidifier.

I flushed both plants in the following manner; using water pH'd to anywhere between 5.8 and 6.4 I filled and ran the pumps till good runoff occurred, dumped the reservoir.

I did this several times until there was little to no additional PPM in the flush water, basically as many times as was needed to flush out any excess crap from the media.

I refilled the reservoirs with my normal mixture of nutrients and added a dose of enzymes to help break down waste in the media.

If anything I am a believer in flushing now, deciding on a schedule (at weekly reservoir change?) or trigger (rapid fall in pH) is my next learning point.

The issue of pH stability seems to be resolved, at least for the time being. Perhaps the enzymes will help prevent future issues of this sort.

The plan moving forward is to top off the reservoir with nutrient solution plus enzymes seeing as their optimal pH is somewhat different than what our plants find optimal. Interesting to me is that the enzymes like 6+pH, so I can see how they might help maintain pH stability to a small degree. Below the mid 5's the enzymes are going to die.

Back
Top Bottom