Pre-flowers or flowering?

SAMtheAPman

Can anyone tell me if these are proper flowers starting? They're right at the top of the plant where the new growth is so that's why I'm not sure if they're pre-flowers:

10-afghan-kush-pre-folowers.jpg

This is an Afghan Kush Special (! World of Seeds Legends Afghan Kush Special Feminised Seeds - Herbies Seeds), which supposedly has some weird genetics according to the seed bank.

It's outdoors and been in veg for about 46 days (and these pistils have been around for a week or so). Yesterday was the summer solstice so the days haven't begun to get shorter yet. It does get a bit of shade, but I didn't think this would affect the flowering schedule.

I'm not complaining if it is starting to flower, but it just seems a bit odd...

Yea I'd say it has begun flowering, those pistils are too big and numerous to be preflowers imo

Is that going to be a problem, seeing as though it's only 22 days into summer?

Shouldn't be a problem, as long as you planted during the right season. She knows what she's doing.

Cool. Was planted at the right time so will be interesting to watch things develop.

Shouldn't be a problem, as long as you planted during the right season. She knows what she's doing.

Exactly. The best thing about weed is that....its a weed. Its a plant. Just take care of it, with bugs and whatnot - but ultimately, mother earth will take care. She is looking good to me, and she does look like shes flowering. In the northern hemisphere, its the winter solstice, so it makes sense she started to flower as the shortest day of the year approaches. Not sure where you live tho...

im pretty sure you can - as long as the temperature doesn't get too cold.

We don't get any frost and winters are fairly mild so might give it a go. Have just read different opinions on outdoor reveg. I'm all for experimentation though!

We don't get any frost and winters are fairly mild so might give it a go. Have just read different opinions on outdoor reveg. I'm all for experimentation though!

This would be a great experiment. Keep some good documentation on it (like on this website), and let us know how this works for you. I am very curious to see. Good luck!

Alrighty, it's happening. Been watching some YouTube vids of people re-veging plants outdoors and it looks possible (and quite fun).

Going to do it with a few plants, and will include this one. Will start a new journal in a few months time....

Back
Top Bottom