Possible male pre flowers on a supposedly feminised plant

KushGod

Hello everyone. I've just begun light deprivation (day 9) on 4 mature feminised plants and have identified female pre flowers on all but one plant. Now these were feminised seeds direct from Sensi Seeds so you expect females but I still like to confirm they are female for my own sake. The problem I have is one of my Sensi Skunk is displaying very odd pre flowers that seem to characterise both male and female preflowers. This one plant has no white pistils either which is odd. What I'd like to find out is have I been given a male/regular seed by mistake or am I just panicking and it is in fact female. I'm stumped but I'm hoping the 420 crew can help me out. Here's some pics of the preflowers in question. I hope everyone chips in with their thoughts. Maybe I'm jumping the gun but those pre flowers without pistils make me panic lol.

420-magazine-mobile2047392638.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1371392598.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1820704687.jpg

420-magazine-mobile875904419.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1861890706.jpg

420-magazine-mobile985088012.jpg

420-magazine-mobile134900106.jpg

420-magazine-mobile2135356425.jpg

420-magazine-mobile37205205.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1465409617.jpg

420-magazine-mobile692238389.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1854480707.jpg

I value all input from every level of grower. Surely somebody will have experienced this panic before me. The strain in question is Sensi Skunk and right now I'm thinking a fem seed was actually a male.... help! Thanks.

KG

Looks like a "possible" hermie, give it a few more days. Hard to see clearly in the pics but the bigger bumps look female it's the smaller ones kinda look male but again hard to tell.

Yeah I think you may be right as some do look like they could be female pre flowers but others look a bit ballsy for my liking. I certainly will give it a few days but I've now isolated that one plant from the garden and it's now on its own at safe distance. If it is a hermie or male I'll be disappointed considering it came from Feminised seeds from Sensi, not what I expect from those guys. Fortunately all other girls are doing great and I suppose you get the odd one. It's nature after all. Thanks for replying it's appreciated

Just to update I got some better shots of the preflowers in question. I'm almost certain it's male or a very early showing hermie. Not great from feminised seeds really.

420-magazine-mobile1385668543.jpg

420-magazine-mobile545961872.jpg

420-magazine-mobile46575595.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1536057061.jpg

Not a pistil in sight, not even on pre flowers and they are all over my other plants. If this isn't male I'll eat my own underpants via live link on 420.

As always any input from other growers is welcomed.

KG

Males generally turn before female, hermied change after females. I'd still give it a few days. But "if" it is hermie then that would be the second one I've seen from them. Maybe just a bad batch of seeds cause I know a few who grow sensi an never had issues

I've now confirmed it's a male for sure and even Sensi Seeds have said pull it from the crop and they'll send me a pack of 3 replacement seeds of my choice. They looked at the better photos I got later on in the day and agreed it was indeed a male in early stages of flower. The problem has been rectified by Sensi but as I'm an outdoor grower only I'll have to put those replacement seeds away for next year and I'll pray every night they are females until that grow begins. I've never had a male in Feminised seeds before so it's thrown me. I'm now one very big plant down but it is how it goes sometimes I guess. The guys at Sensi Seeds have been great and I buy a lot from them so they know I'm genuine. I really appreciate the advice you gave me also but I can't chance pollen at this stage and decided to cull it.

Back
Top Bottom