President Obama Steps Up His War On Medical Marijuana

The General

President Obama has stepped up his "war" on medical marijuana after alleging in 2008, while he was still senator, that he would stop the senseless raids by the DEA on facilities housing medical marijuana, supposedly because he thought the focus of our federal agents needed to be on the prevention of terrorism and detaining criminals. As if Obama's focus ever is on putting his money where his mouth is and fully delivering on assurances he has made! This President instead has radically stepped up raiding facilities housing medical marijuana similarly to how Castro stripped the people of Cuba of all their businesses and homes and other properties when that monster took office.

According to sources, Obama now intentionally targets growers of the medicinal plant — even those who are compliant with state law — and uses Justice Department resources to bypass state laws, raiding and prosecuting on an average of 36 growers per year, compared to his forerunner's 20 per year. Colorado, particularly Denver and Boulder, saw a fresh round of unlawful invasions this week, says a source, when federal authorizes burst into at least 10 medical marijuana facilities and confiscated tons of the product, caused significant damage to the properties in the process. Strangely, they arrested no one in these raids; but, even stranger than that, the AP says that the documents outlining the confiscation are "sealed."

How the Feds go about their raids is another chilling revelation. A marijuana lobbyist in Colorado has stated that they smash windows and grab anything that is of value. The raids occur in broad daylight during hours of operation and 99 percent of the time charges never follow. Instead of the Feds breaking windows and causing all of this damage, the lobbyist poses the sensible view that the agents could have simply "walked through the door." The manner in which Obama is stepping up his war on medical marijuana, like that of a bunch of hoodlums and thieves, lends itself to some thought-provoking questions: Why are the documents regarding these raids sealed? What is Obama doing with the valuable things they stole? And why are these cops being ordered to approach this issue in this destructive fashion? What is really going on with the Obama administration? Has anybody asked?

Of the arrests that have been made, a report from California says that over 335 defendants, residing in states with medical marijuana laws, have been charged with federal crimes related to medical marijuana. Also, despite Obama's 2008 "promise" of prosecutorial restraint in this area, something indeed is very wrong with this picture and the leader painting it. While Attorney General Eric Holder wants America to believe that suppliers of medical marijuana who comply with state law aren't the target of these many raids and arrests, the Justice Department has invaded those facilities that are in full compliance with state laws and regulations and stole from them. Do they think the people are stupid?

As it stands, according to ProCon, 20 states and the District of Columbia have enacted laws to legalize medical marijuana; therefore, be cautious, America. Obama is stepping up his war on medical marijuana, in spite of the laws that supposedly prevent him from doing so. We have another Castro on our hands, in case no one noticed. Medical marijuana is a legalized antidote to ill health. Why is Obama looking to mess with that too?

Obama1.jpg

News Moderator - The General @ 420 MAGAZINE ®
Source: Guardianlv.com
Author: Christina L. Ibbotson

it is so disappointing for obama to be doubling down against herb, their is no upside for him for this. his history and history speak loudly. stop this unfair and freighting move against folk who need or recognize the need for herb. get on the right side of history, get some cahonies Barack ! skyhigh Robert

Obama has been a true disappointment the past five years and, I, for one, will be happy when he is gone. I am a disabled Vet Conservative that has enjoyed the pleasures and healing properties of cannabis since early 1970. I used to use it for pleasure, now, at my older age, with all my aches and pains, I use it also for pain relief. I have had a liver transplant and cannot take normal pain medication for my disability and cannabis is the only thing that helps, plus, it helps with my occasional bouts of PTSD, which is something I would not wish on anyone, not even my worse enemy! I pray it is legalized soon and Obama stops his Insanity. God Bless America!

Thanks for the info ! Except all I saw was an editorial, another editorial, and an editorial quoting facts carrying over from previous administrations.
Having had the opportunity to work within parts of the 'Obamba' administration, I can say again, there are a lot of different players - not all against Medical or legal cannabis . Just to be clear, I am an advocate for the legal use of cannabis, a patient and a grower.

But thanks for taking the time to post links -

We need to find the politions and federal agents that profit off cartels and proabition. If we look its not that hard anybody with any sense should be able to look at ant recent scientific study at cannabis and deem its wortiness as medicine. If not there not worthy of being in charge of anything because there down right stupid or they profit off it being illegal. Get the corrupt out of office. If the government cared about our saftey or our rights cannabis would be legal on every level.

"Having had the opportunity to work within parts of the 'Obamba' administration, I can say again, there are a lot of different players - not all against Medical or legal cannabis . Just to be clear, I am an advocate for the legal use of cannabis, a patient and a grower."
Yep there are a lot of players in every place but the end responsibility for policy and discipline rests at the top and the people at the top are lying to us and siccing their dogs on us while they are telling us that everything is fine. Any and all confusion is being generated at the top by obama and holder lying to the public.
When i ran an outfit i told my people exactly what i wanted done and how and if they decided to do something different they were fired. It is that easy.

Back
Top Bottom