Prince Of Pot Takes The Plunge

Marianne

he Prince of Pot is gettin' hitched.

A pending extradition trial won't stop Marc Emery from taking the plunge at a ceremony later in July. He'll marry Jodie Giesz-Ramsay, the assistant editor at the Cannabis Culture pot magazine Emery publishes out of his West Hastings office.

The B.C. Supreme Court yesterday relaxed Emery's bail conditions to allow friends and co-accused Greg Williams and Michelle Rainey to attend. The three are not currently allowed to associate outside the work setting.

Outside court yesterday, Giesz-Ramsay told reporters she wants to marry Emery, even though he stands a good chance of being extradited to the U.S. on pot charges.

"I respect him and I love him," she said.

Meanwhile, there's still no trial date set for Emery's extradition.

"I'm concerned now," Federal Crown attorney Rosellina Dattilo said in court yesterday. "We are a year after the date of arrest, and there's still no hearing date."

The next scheduled court appearance is Aug 21, where it's expected lawyers will fix a date.

The RCMP arrested Emery last summer after he was indicted in the U.S. on charges of conspiracy to distribute marijuana and marijuana seeds, as well as money laundering, in relation to his online seed business. If extradited, he faces the possibility of life in prison.

Newshawk: Happykid - 420 Magazine
Source: Vancouver 24hours (CN BC)
Author: Irwin Loy, 24 Hours
Copyright: 2006 Canoe Inc

Back
Top Bottom