Problem with GH Nutes

tucker99

Gents, using their Flora Nova Bloom in veg and I do not get the PPM readings listed in their literature for the amount of solution used. For example for 1000-1300PPM they show using 7-1/2 mil/gal of solution. I'm using about 8-1/4 mil to achieve 1080 PPM. Yea, I've calibrated my TDS meter and factored in the PPM of my tap water (142 PPM). Anyone else experience this? Thanks Guys!

Just bump the nutes while keeping the same ratios. It's about those ratios, although it's rare to have to go above "full strength", if you aren't burning them and they seem to need more, then go for it.

Thanks Gents, I thought I was messing up or I got a tainted or diluted bottle of nutes. On week 3-veg I upped to recommended amount of 1300PPM, their instructions said 750 mil. To achieve that level it took 22 mil!

I shake that bottle like a mofro. Even poured some into a separate container so I could shake it better. These are the gallon bottles I just got and someone left feed back that the solution isn't as thick as the smaller bottles and thinks the mfgr dilutes the solution. They were definitely sealed though.

Hey Tucker, this is just a thought on my part, but it might be worth investigating. I believe I remember reading earlier in the year that a subsidiary of Monsanto bought out General Hydroponics. I also remember reading of a couple people that knew or conjectured that the formulation for the Flora Nova Bloom might/could/would change and that they were stocking up on it before any potential change happened. Google around and see if you can find anything. Good luck!

I'm inclined to go with that Gorgar. I've researched this stuff extensively and reading about guys that had to empty it out into a bucket and use a paint stir on a drill to mix it. This stuff isn't close to being that thick but it is thicker that the standard flora series that came with my waterfarm. I'd say it's about as thick as cold motor oil. Other than adjusting PH twice a day, really no complaints. Seems to be doing a good job when comparing to other grows at 20-days progress. I'm just using more product than what GH says I should be using to achieve the correct concentration. Maybe they reformulated it to make it more user friendly. The thickness seemed to be the big complaint going back 2010.

I am close to 10 day pure water flush( with CalMag,(RO water) on my first fill and drain table with 8 rockwoll blocks. I have used the GH Flora series I have a 40 gal holding tank. I follwed the formula from GH. I always topped my tank off before checking ph and ppm. They have been right on the money 6.6 and 1195ppm. My table of AK57 is full of the stickiest plants I have ever seen. If it is as good as my TLO dirt grow, I will be a happy retired guy.

Thanks Mayor. How many days into bloom are you? Are you topping off with PH water only? I do just the opposite when monitoring. I check BEFORE adding anything; then add if necessary. At day 7 into bloom my 2-gal res is replaced every 2-3 days with just make up water. PPM's drop and PH is stabilized. I then do a complete change and up the newts to 950PPM. So my fert concentration is full strength for 1-day and then drops as the plant feeds. Question is: Should newt concentration be maintained with make up water?

Back
Top Bottom