Problem with my LED light electrical

Fietchen

Hello, i have a problem with my led light built by myself newest Samsung led panels. The led are switchable from different amper what you see in the picture from
0,5 amper to 1,4 amper 1,4 can produce over 150 of Watt power 0,5 maybe 40 Watt. I have a problem know the Watt know is low doesn't matter when i switch to 1 ampere ore higher it only produce 30 Watt i have a electric cost checker it show me what output the panel has and nothing has change that's makes me very angry because i have use this panel weeks ago with high power wattage and know its damage ore what?

IMG_20220904_230632.jpg

Here you see the driver that has litte Plastik pieces to change the ampere if you put it on ore off 1-5

16623249145523872883928092282200.jpg

That's my Panel the pieces i built by myself
16623249718997027841316298416035.jpg

Hello Fietchen,

From that last pic, it looks like you used some type of knob adjustment for the dimmer? I would check that knob/switch first to make sure resistance is correctly being sent to the Mean Well driver.

Then, I would change the dip-switches for the output to only provide at the high output and see if it works. Also toggle each dip-switch to make sure they are actually set the way you want; sometimes they do not 'click' and just look like they are set right.

Also I would suggest rechecking the data sheet for that LED driver. It should explain how to switch between the different settings you want to use. Example, you may have to turn the unit off before making a switch on the power level (amps) you want it to be using. The fact it work before, and not now suggest this is the problem, or it is broken and needs to be replaced via warranty (if possible).

I think it is very cool you built your own LED lights. I would Love it if you have a link to the build, and if not make a thead here about your research, why you picked that LED driver and LED strips. And of course most importantly part and/or model numbers of what you used.

Again, congrats on making your own LED lights, very cool!

Hope this helps.

Hello Fietchen,

From that last pic, it looks like you used some type of knob adjustment for the dimmer? I would check that knob/switch first to make sure resistance is correctly being sent to the Mean Well driver.

Then, I would change the dip-switches for the output to only provide at the high output and see if it works. Also toggle each dip-switch to make sure they are actually set the way you want; sometimes they do not 'click' and just look like they are set right.

Also I would suggest rechecking the data sheet for that LED driver. It should explain how to switch between the different settings you want to use. Example, you may have to turn the unit off before making a switch on the power level (amps) you want it to be using. The fact it work before, and not now suggest this is the problem, or it is broken and needs to be replaced via warranty (if possible).

I think it is very cool you built your own LED lights. I would Love it if you have a link to the build, and if not make a thead here about your research, why you picked that LED driver and LED strips. And of course most importantly part and/or model numbers of what you used.

Again, congrats on making your own LED lights, very cool!

Hope this helps.
The dimmer was the problem!

Back
Top Bottom