Problems with my plant. Please help!

Marley Haze

Hey Folks, Looks like I'm having issues. :( LOL Ask my X!
Anyway, I'm getting some spotting. I had an issue with my meters so my PPM was wacked. I also had a Mildew problem. I mamde it through those issues now this. It looks like they're curling on the tips. I sprayed for spider mites. Also dosed them with CO2. I don't see any mites but I'm picking up a microscope at the shack this morning.

Here are a couple of picks.

Damn! How do you upload a picture?

T

Sorry about that mindless rant. I woke up and saw some damage and panicked. I have a BC Bloombox and this is my first grow. I'm totally hooked now.

It's a hydro system, 400W HPS, Im in my 3rd week of flowering. I'm using Advanced Nutrients. It's a laundry list of nutrients.

Connoisseur A & B Bloom
H2 (Humic Acid)
F1 (Fulvic cid)
Barricade
CarboLoad
Sensizym
Piranha
Tarantula
VooDoo Juice
Big Bud

Running about 1100 PPM @ 5.5 PH. Temp has been about 78 degrees with 48% humidity

I Don't know what RH means.

I listened to a friend who told me to add a half teaspoon of Hydrogen Perooxide to my rez. I believe that what the cause of the spotted leaves. It looked like it could have been spider mite damage but I only say that cause I saw a few the day before but thought I took carre of it with both soapy water misting and the CO2 blast BC recommends.

So when I saw the damage this morning I figured I would check the roots and when I saw what looked like black mud covering the roots I freaked out. I imediately flushed the roots, cleaned the rez and rloaded the nutes but only at half strength and didn't add the Powdered Tarantula or Paranha. Figured I would skip the mess it makes.

I'll add pictures as soon as I figure it out.

T

Bbox_2.jpg

Bbox_3.jpg

Bbox_4.jpg

OK did that work?

yes 10 sun i see pics this morning any how looks over all ok but thats an awfully long list of shit you are using in a first grow
lots and lots of extra variable to un balance things etc

but i'n not hydro savvy yes i did a basil in passive wick hydro for a year but ...... are they all organic ie OMRI cert or some certification
overall they don't look bad my organic soil with composttea + grow probably is healthier looking but my DIY organic is high in N gives me a realdark green sunleaf i wonder if you don't have a nute lockout from lackof critical nute [cal--mag--mang...] just that one off but screws up uptake overall...
as well as a possible excess another place look for tutorial on problems with pics for nutrient problems some damage looks faintly like one of those pics but couldn't tell you more than warn and find early stages nute imbalances pics since hydro you should see change in 24-48 hrs if corrected and new growth won't show it good way to check plant health is compare older growth with newer and new growth just below the groqwing tip this can show nute unbalanced in slow timeline ../... good luck i hope all that stuff is ok to mix

what kind of blast did you apply to get rid of your spider mites? Yes using co2 can kill insects but it must be a very high dose. If I remember right it's gotta be like 2000 PPM or something like that. It's been awhile since I saw the article. But I do know its a very high dose at a somewhat extended time. As for all the nutrients. I do agree with zolar. You are using quite a bit of different nutrients for a first timer. I would stick to the basic nutrients and maybe use Big Bud around 2 weeks into flowering which your already past. Definately keep an eye out for spidermites. They will reek havic on your crop fast. Don't think you got rid of them. KNOW you got rid of them and there larva. Keep treating your plants. If you seen a few you probablly have a hundred more you haven't seen.

Thanks for the input! I'm not seeing any more signs of spider mites. (when I did, I saw a total of 3) I quickly treated with soapy water. I was wondering if this is powdery mildew or residue from the soapy water.
DSC01778.JPG

But now I'm seeing this which really scares me!
DSC01775.JPG

DSC017772.JPG

It's in week 3 of flowering, 4' tall, RO, 1440 PPM at 5.5 PH (usually goes up to 6.2 by the next morning) 74 degree rez, Room temp high of 83 low of 70 at 35 - 40% Humidity

Being very new to all this, I'm at a loss. I've experiance plenty of obsticles but am learning every day Thanks to you guys!

T

Yeah, it was high the other day and I cut it down a third but I'm thinking I need to simplify things. Too much involved with this whole Advanced Nutrients program.

Thanks for the input! I'm not seeing any more signs of spider mites. (when I did, I saw a total of 3) I quickly treated with soapy water. I was wondering if this is powdery mildew or residue from the soapy water.
DSC01778.JPG

But now I'm seeing this which really scares me!
DSC01775.JPG

DSC017772.JPG

It's in week 3 of flowering, 4' tall, RO, 1440 PPM at 5.5 PH (usually goes up to 6.2 by the next morning) 74 degree rez, Room temp high of 83 low of 70 at 35 - 40% Humidity

Being very new to all this, I'm at a loss. I've experiance plenty of obsticles but am learning every day Thanks to you guys!

T

All this damage happened since 02:24 AM today? Or did you just not notice it because it's buried under the canopy? It looks like light burn. But that doesn't make sense to me since it looks like the damaged buds are actually not at the top of the plants? Correct me if I'm wrong. I'm leaning towards nute burn with all those nutes you were feeding your plants earlier. I recommend you flush your plants with PH balance water to about 6 for 2-3 days. Then like I said before, start them back with basic nutes with 1 blooming additive. Your gonna see more damage before they get better. Unfortunately your in a critical time in your blooming phase. Not much you can do accept flush and bring back a weaker diet as far as additives go. Any damaged leaves will not get better. They will only get worse. You can cut the burnt leaves away as needed.

In the meantime I would like you to list all nutrients and additives you used and what strength you used. ratio/gallon. I have heard of most of the nutrients you listed but have not used them myself. But, if you actually tell us how much you added of each to your resevoir per gallon we can determine where you may have went wrong.

NOTE: Using Final Flush or Clearex would work even better when flushing due to over ferting. It will help rid your roots and system of salts.

Hey Stix, the Nutes for a 15 gallon rez were:

Connesoir A & B Bloom 135 ml
Big Bud Liquid 270ml
Carboload 90ml
H2 90ml
F1 90ml
B52 240ml
Vita boost 150ml
Big Bud Powder 2.1 g
Sensizym 300ml
Paranha powder 18 g
Tarantula powder 18g

It was at a 5.6 ph with a 1260 PPM
then I added (big mistake) 35 ml hydrogen peroxide.
took the PPM up 1308

Did all that the Thursday Morning.

Later that afternoon was reading the Bullcrap manual and noticed a warning not to use any peroxide when using any beneficial bacterias such as ( piranha, Tarantula, Sensizym or VooDoo Juice) - "It will Kill Them" Which would have been nice to see somewhere near their menu list of nutes. I was pretty much using all of them. So it sat in that bath for a few hours. After realizing my mnistake I quickly dumped the batch and started over. Same nutes no Peroxide.

Friday morning I took my readings and the PPM was over 2000, my meter stops at 2000 so I don't know how high it was really. I drained half the solution and added RO water to lower the PPM to 1155 with a PH of 5.7

Everything seemed fine, had some wilting and some leave tips curling as you can see from the pics.

It was Saturday Morning when I saw the Burn and started to freak. I guess it took that long to show.

I dumped and scrubbed the rez, really flushed the roots. (They were a little MILDEWY SMELLING) and am getting ready to refill with just ro water and some clearex for a few days as you recommended and will due a new Nute bath on Wednesday, it's regular rez exchange day.

T

Back
Top Bottom