Problems With Reveg

egger

420 Member
Hello all,

I had a Gorilla bomb (photoperiod) growing indoors earlier in the year. She was a vigorous grower and flowered really frostily within just two or three days of flipping (see photo of tiny bud by my finger). Unfortunately, about three weeks into flower, she has a Ph lockout that was completely out of the blue and for some reason, hard to rectify – flushing and all. It stunted her for quite some time, and definitely affected bud growth. I baby sat her through to harvest and she still gave 2.5 oz. No nanners. She is the yellow plant on the left, and before stunting was light years ahead of the gorilla bomb on the right which was seeded the same day.

I wanted to try her again, with a good healthy run, so I took some cuttings. A few died, but I put a couple in the garden to reveg. This was in June. One plant died, and I therefore have one plant still living in the garden. My problem is, I cannot get her to reveg. She tries, but just cant seem to do it. Its been over three months now. I live in California and so she has been getting plenty of sun and in the late afternoon, some shade. The nights are closing in, and we are almost at 12/12, so a few weeks ago I rigged a landscape light up and she has been getting more or less 24 hr light for three weeks now. I’m not sure if this was the right thing to do, but she hasn’t changed and is still trying to flower.

She looks like crap after being roasted this Summer in 115 degrees, but is still alive. See photo.

My question is, how do I retain this girl so I can test her in flower under indoor conditions? Normally, I’d move on, but ive not had a plant so willing to flower before that I’d like to run it.

I’m in need of some suggestions. As I see it, I have a couple of options:
  • Dig her up and bring inside (or take some clones and hope for the best)
  • Find some pollen and let her just do her thing outside with the landscape lighting off.

As always, I really appreciate the advice.

Egger

Attachments

• IMG_6735.JPG
    IMG_6735.JPG
    479 KB · Views: 46
  • IMG_6791.JPG
    IMG_6791.JPG
    718.3 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG_7461.JPG
    IMG_7461.JPG
    739.9 KB · Views: 50
Never tried a outdoor regeneration. Seem a plant a friend had in Vegas that do it on its own once lol. When I do it indoors I put a opaque plastic bag over it and keep it under 24/7 light. Sounds like you may have the light problem solved. You may want to try the bag thing.
You have to pull it off and reverse it every day or so to keep the moister from being right on the plant. The humid environment from the bag gives new growth time to get going before sunlight hardens them. Regeneration takes time. If the plant is still alive and the leaves are not hard and leathery then there is a good chance she might still come around.

Well, she is alive. Did she have plenty of roots when you planted her?
Hi Angrybird,
Yes, she was well rooted. I think i had her in a pot indoors for a short while before transplant, so she gathered some there. I have been feeding her some nitrogen too, hoping it might quicken the process.

Never tried a outdoor regeneration. Seem a plant a friend had in Vegas that do it on its own once lol. When I do it indoors I put a opaque plastic bag over it and keep it under 24/7 light. Sounds like you may have the light problem solved. You may want to try the bag thing.
You have to pull it off and reverse it every day or so to keep the moister from being right on the plant. The humid environment from the bag gives new growth time to get going before sunlight hardens them. Regeneration takes time. If the plant is still alive and the leaves are not hard and leathery then there is a good chance she might still come around.
Hello Jackalope,
Thats interesting about the moisture. I had no idea about that. You can tell she's had it a little rough by the frazzled leaves (most of which i already removed). She has good light,water & food, so maybe lack of humidity is preventing. I have seen people reveg outdoors, but maybe their environment is a little friendlier than mine. Thank you for the input, i will pay attention too humidity. I have an opaque tote that i can use.

I'll give it a whirl..

Back
Top Bottom