Projects on theory - Ready for life

Aye I think so too, plus I'm going to ferment low and slow for 3-4 weeks if I can control temp well enough, winter is here so nice and chilly. The longer ferment should allow for flavour and THC to develop. Don't think it will wipe you off your feet, but put you in a nice cruisy mood.

Lol, have had spiced honey Mead and loved it, am aiming at higher alcohols but thought I'd start at the lower end to prove alcohol/THC/ferment/yeast interactions were and are what I think.
Post away if you have a recipe Blew, happy to have thread as mad scientists sharing.

I don't know jack about making beer, but I am thinking you want the thc to be activated (i.e.: decarb the cannabis). Is there a point in the process where the cannabis will be @ 110-155C (230-240F) for about an hour or more?

I would have to agree on the decarb. In the end as long as you don't burn the weed it can only help. The alcohol should absorb the THC but the decarb will make it more readily available for digestion. The Old way I heard of making Pot beer is the way you are doing it so it could work.

Lol, so I have apparently picked up 2 new "clients" for meds. Crap when did this happen??
Going to make a decarbed apricot jam for a friend's dad with leukemia, he has gluten intolerance and intergestion so jams it is. He had a 16th of my Get Baked lemon slice and had good results.
The other one is a young bloke who I employ when I can and mentor.

Beer is rolling along, will pop lid and stir today and post photos.
Looks like I might have missed the bee window, getting cold now but might get nice weather in a few days and get it done

Well done Besmirched1. Always nice to see people giving back in a time where most people just take. Here I thought you were cool just for making Marijuana Beer.

Geez, thanks Jack. Sorry it's been a while since I posted. Unfortunately the helping people went a bit sideways and I spent some time in a re-education facility.

So, now that I am back in the world, we can attempt to continue being a mad scientist.

Beer, never got to try it but once I can get the gear again I will start again.
Most of the other theory's are in the back burner due to literally loosing everything we own.

On to new things....

Auto's. Have ordered my first autos and have the theory that with nice sunny stable weather winters here I should be able to get 2 crops over the winter light cycles. One leading into the winter solstice and one out of it.
Due to the small amount of seed I could afford and the timing in the year, I will grow these as a first up learning curve and do a cross with some of my genetics to attempt a winter seed that will be able to produce a good harvest.
I am hoping that the female I have in now will be a good base genetic as she was pest resistant. A massive bonus here in the wet tropics and the only fem that was like that.
It's always a worry when you bring new genetics in from somewhere else on an outdoor grow.

Cannabeer! I would imagine that getting this dialed in would produce some tasty nectar. I have never done this but would love to and have ideas. I prefer IPA style beers. I love the hoppiness. I'm not sure if you are aware but Cannabis and Hops are in the same plant family. At some point in Earth history cannabis took an evolutionary turn but Cannabeer brings the family back together for some fun! The flavor of cannabis is dictated in the terpenes. Different terpenes have different flavors. It would be awesome to find the perfect match of terpenes to accentuate the flavor profile of the beer you like. I personally love the citrusy and piney IPAs. It would be cool to grow a strain high in Limonene and Pinene. Extract the terpenes and brew an IPA using the exact flavors I prefer. Cheers!

Back
Top Bottom