Projects on theory - Ready for life

Besmirched1

As I'm all over the place, I'm posting here as a way to remember and also open up some projects for discussion as I'm only working with theory.

*Cannabeer- using fresh/dried cannabis in place or as added extra in the wort mix when brewing.

*Rosin in to honey- I have my own bees and will be raiding the hive shortly. Read about bud preserved in Egypt for 2000 odd years don't quote me but bud was fresh no taint. Honey doesn't go off so... Oils would proved problematic to dialuted in honey as would tincture. But not sure on reactions and will test. But to my mine rosin would be able to be melted into hot honey easily without any adulteration.

*Kombutcha- I would think that the bacterial microbe ferment that takes place would work and be beneficial with fresh weed or a s flavouring. Have a friend who makes Kombutcha will brush up or enlist, he smokes too.

*Stem in jar, drop of oil, bury for 3 mths. Resulting oil is insane, similar to cobs. Old kiwi way and will try here.

All these projects are things I've wanted to do for a while and are mostly as yet untried.
Any theory's or thoughts welcome.

Kombutcha sounds interesting. I made some canna wine last year. Haven’t got into it much yet but it’s actaully surprisingly tasty- a really unique flavour and not at all what I’d expect. It’s startimg to get to the age where I’ll be opening more samples soon.

The stem in a jar sounds like an interesting science experiment......

I have done this. With failed results. Too much water, only a drop is needed. I'm not sure if depth has something to do with it.
Was told if it smells mouldy don't go there. I will speak to my kiwi friend and post full instructions.

I have done this. With failed results. Too much water, only a drop is needed. I'm not sure if depth has something to do with it.
Was told if it smells mouldy don't go there. I will speak to my kiwi friend and post full instructions.
Very interested......will like to hear the instructions. I'll try it.... I have nothing to lose. I mean it's stems..... :cool:

Going to start with what I can.

Cannabeer-

Will wash barrel and start the ferment in the next week.

Going to go with fresh frozen leaf as I want to test the theory of using cannabis instead or in conjunction with the hops in the wort.
Once I have tested with a brought can of wort I will try to make my own wort.

*Rosin in to honey- I have my own bees and will be raiding the hive shortly. Read about bud preserved in Egypt for 2000 odd years don't quote me but bud was fresh no taint. Honey doesn't go off so... Oils would proved problematic to dialuted in honey as would tincture. But not sure on reactions and will test. But to my mine rosin would be able to be melted into hot honey easily without any adulteration.

We have bees and infuse decarbed cannabis in honey for 16-24 hours @ 115F (approx) in a crock pot. It's by far my favorite cannabis creation...hot water, honey and lemon....heavenly. Just get a cheese cloth bag or similar to hold the cannabis, drop it in the honey and let it go. You can squeeze any honey from the satchel afterwards as well. It keeps forever in the fridge...

Awesome info, cheers Blew Hiller. Love that about honey, never goes off.
I looked at doing a suspension, but apart from running my bees purely over a perpetual flowering grow, to get complete mixing I would think rosin.
But I'm going to try suspension, I suspect I have 10+ KGS to pull out.

Yo @Besmirched1 . Sorry, I didn’t see this earlier. I was having a heart attack...literally! LOL! Anyway, long story.

Not sure if I’m understanding your question completely, but let me give it a shot. The final squish texture that I’m experiencing is more of a taffy texture, but insanely sticky when touched with fingers that have a body temp...LOL! Mine usually has a snap-n-pull texture using a dabber. Naturally, the higher the temperature the more the product will melt.

However, combining this with honey (after decarbing naturally) would most likely keep more of the honey texture. That’s my guess. Getting your dosages should be able to be accomplished rather easily also.

Decarbing rosin is easy to accomplish too. I put the rosin in a silicone container and place it in my little toaster oven at 250F/121C until it stops bubbling (10-30 minutes depending). Then, just add that to some warm honey and “BOOM” you’re high AF during tea and crumpets...:Namaste:

Hope that’s of some help bud

Thanks for info T, recover well and soon.

In trimming jail at the moment, but have cleaned barrel just need to sanitize, trim coming along nicely.

My winter or quick drying method.

The theory behind this is convection currents, hot rises, cold falls.
Along with circular Eddie's created when hot and cold mix along with the rolled shoulder of the jar allow for terpene retention. Add to that the layering of humidity you get through the jar, bottom wet, mid moist, top dry. By turning or shaking the jar you redistribute the humid buds and allow moisture to be sucked up by the dryer buds.
What ever falls off the bud us retained in the jar and a razor blade gets this off, boy it's good looks like creamed honey.
Once buds are crispy, if too crispy put lud on and put in sun to draw moisture out of stems, let sit to cure. I find after a day left open its somkeable but better after proper cure.

Conclusion I have come to is that this is also in part a decarb and allows the bud to be completely dry in and out with high terpene retention and no loss of potency over a year of storage. Plus u can dry an ounce in 24hrs and set to cure.

Started Cannabeer today, added water specific gravity was 1.000, start SG was 1.440
Desired alcohol is 6.2 but that will taper off to about 5.5%
Sugar in Oz per gallon is 20.

I grabbed a fresh frozen plant and wrapped it in fly screen and hung it in the brew. * as I was doing this I thought of putting yeast in bundle rather than just in brew.

First bubbles in half an hour and now all snug in heated room

Winter quick dry, put 68grms wet in at 4 PM yesterday and took off at 9am and set in sun at 11am out of sun and lid on at 6pm.
Crispy dry with hard snappy stems, but will sweat up by tomorrow morning and lid off and the back on once sweat has gone. Then cure as normal or put away and will cure on own with little effort or interjection.

Going to start with what I can. Cannabeer-

I don't know jack about making beer, but I am thinking you want the thc to be activated (i.e.: decarb the cannabis). Is there a point in the process where the cannabis will be @ 110-155C (230-240F) for about an hour or more?

I would have, but.... The ferment should break the frozen oil out of the plant.
So water, yeast and sugar in any combination with temps above 16deg C will start to ferment. Fermentation is where carbohydrates/simple sugars are broken-down by the yeast in an anaerobic(without oxygen) reaction resulting in the sugars being converted to complex carbs/sugars and alcohol.
It would seem to me if any grade alcohol can make a tincture, given time and evaporation, then this process will work. Couple that with the fact that hops is cannabis's closest plant like relative and has been used as flavouring balance to beer for quite a while.
Given that all things are equal and these theory's hold water, this should work, I hope.
I am really just trying to prove theory ATM, but highly welcome any suggestions as most if this is just based in theory.
Cheers Blew hope this helps add to the knowledge bank.

I feel the same re the wine. I tried some decarbed and some non-decarbed Not only will the alcohol dissonke the resin in the initial ferment, but decarb is something that occurs over time naturally. Your beer won’t be aged as long as wine, but some THC will be converted over time.

The word pot comes from the Spanish word potiguaya, a cannabis wine drink that used to be popular nearly 100 years ago.
I do think the flavour has potential

Scuze any typos I’m in and out of eye surgery right now and they keep messing up my vision.

Back
Top Bottom