Proper cleaning of your grow environment

Mag7

Had a question on proper cleaning of your growing environment. I keep reading about people using bleach and acids and other chemicals to clean their buckets or grow tents and such. Can you advise if that is proper or improper.? I ask this because I was told that this can cause problems with your soil or Hydro grow. Would you suggest maybe using a vinegar solution since it is a cleaner as well as organic? I think it would be safer than having leftover bleach residue or any other cleaner in your containers or around your plants.

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

So far, I have only used a vacuum cleaner, water and a rag. I have been cautious about using bleach or other chemicals. My tent is very clean. I also regularly clean my LED light. The glass ends up with a film of dust on it.

I have only had one issue, which was a slight bit of bud rot mid summer. If I had a mold or insect issue, I might consider a mild bleach solution.

Hopefully you will get better answers.

Had a question on proper cleaning of your growing environment. I keep reading about people using bleach and acids and other chemicals to clean their buckets or grow tents and such. Can you advise if that is proper or improper.? I ask this because I was told that this can cause problems with your soil or Hydro grow. Would you suggest maybe using a vinegar solution since it is a cleaner as well as organic? I think it would be safer than having leftover bleach residue or any other cleaner in your containers or around your plants.

h2o2 (hydrogen peroxide) is great stuff for disinfecting. You can usually find the 29-30% stuff at the hydro store by the gallon. It basically turns into water when it breaks down so it doesn't leave any residues or smells.

h2o2 (hydrogen peroxide) is great stuff for disinfecting. You can usually find the 29-30% stuff at the hydro store by the gallon. It basically turns into water when it breaks down so it doesn't leave any residues or smells.

Awesome!! Thank you sir

Back
Top Bottom