Purple is purple!

Happy Kitty

It's amazing how you can smoke for years, only to find out you don't know diddly about really good smoke.

For many years, most smokers just got what you got. Whatever your connection/connections happened to have at that time is what you bought. It was either good or okay, with not too much technical jargon in between.

Now with an opportunity to take my pick of what I want to smoke, it has become very confusing.

I have smoked many kinds of pot. Green, green with red, purple, etc. Shake or buds. That has been pretty simplified, but I think you get my drift.

But now, I've smoked purple erkle, purple fire, purple cream, and so on. OG Kush, Orange Crush, Purple Pineapple, the lists go on. It still boils down to what looks good, smells good, and give me a good buzz.

So is purple just purple? Do we need all those names? And why?

When I buy, I check the smell, the trichomes, and whether is is dry, moist, or just right. Some names catch my eye, but most I just go by what looks good to me.

Seems like the more you know, the more you need to know.

So my point is...are all these names really different kinds of smoke? Seems like most will fall into a same general category? It's so damn confusing.

I hope this makes sense.
Ok, let me look at the jar and see what it says...it says Afgooey!:cheesygrinsmiley:

Peace and simplicity

HappyKitty, it's always a crap shoot when buying from anyone, even the dispensaries, that what you are getting is actualy what you are getting. Are blue dot, Orange Big Bud, Northern Lights, and Purple Grandaddy seperate strains? Are they REALLY the strains they are labeled? Or all they ALL some random plant given those names by the dealer or the club or the farmer that sold it to the club? Gernealy speaking. I have found most named strains to be unique and different from others. FOr example, I know what Purple Cream tastes like. It is much different and distinct from Purple Grandaddy.
Bottom line, don;t worry to much about names, unless you find something you really enjoy. I'll pick up puirple cream whenever its available because I love that strain. Yet, every time i pick it up, it is from a unique batch. So even though it may atste similar, it is from a differnt tree than what I purchased before, while exhibiting some standard qualities, like the creamy taste and smell. I love OG Kush, but OG Kush from one club can be awesome, whgile OG KUsh from a club down the street can be significantly crappier. Like you, I rely on club recomendations, smell, and taste to determine what I buy. But names do help in that selection. FOr example, if i see BLUEBERRY on the menu, I definately want to examine that. But there's no garantee that its the same quality I smoked last year. Most med pot patients, after a little while, know not to rely too heavily on names but rather to rely on other peoples reviews and/or examination.
-PM

Thank you Purpose and PM, for explaining this better.

I forgot about getting recommendations at the club. That is another important step, and it's a definately a good idea. They know whats good that day, the freshest, etc.

As you said PM, something with the same name can look different every time you see it. That is probably why I question the names so much.

I have not been unhappy too many times with selections at the club. But when it happened, it was because I didn't look closely, and just grabbed it when I got overwhelmed at the choices.

I made that mistake recently. I went to a new club, didn't look closely at the Pineapple Punch I bought for 190 1/2oz. I got it home and it looked and tasted like homegrown. A hard lesson learned.

Thank you both for answering my questions.

Peace and good smoke

Around my area, we rarely get names. Once in a while we do, but most of the time I just prefer examining the green.. It's colors, it's smell, it's taste.. You have to surpass the names and go with the look of the weed in some cases.. But then again, I've smoked what seemed to be alright looking weed, smelled earthy and it was very very good.. You can't go by names and you can't always judge a book by it's cover.. ;)

I used to take weed for granted... never finding out what I smoked as that was my blokes job, he was a dealer for a fair few years in his past until prison, so we always went together for our deals!
Bearing in mind I have known my bloke for over ten years, his word was gospel and all that!
Now I had a time when I had to fend for myself and I got a few contacts here and there, all are my greatest of friends who smoke like chimneys!
All my dealers are very finiky about the weed they smoke and sell, all of which offer money back guarentees but usually offer me a joint so I try before I buy... all well and good!
It's only recently I have been asking for names of the weed I smoke and actually remembering them, there's been that many types of weed about that I was quite shocked at all the different strains and their different effects, the speed they work and the difference in their feel!
The more I think about it I don't think I have ever had the same strain more than twice and thats some going over the past 16 years or so!
The coffee shops and the smart shops in amsterdam have menu's with around twenty different weed's on... e.g. purple haze, roquery haze (the best I ever smoked), grapefruit, white widdow, double zero, the lists are endless...
What amazes me is how distinctive every one of them are, one may have a taste of lemons and be dry, yet another could taste of lemons and be sticky to touch.
As for buying, I'd never buy now unless I tried it first... it's the way to go!

Back
Top Bottom