Purple Buds?

RooRman

What makes these buds purple? Are they really good? Has anyone ever had any kind of purple bud? I have seen buds people said were purple but they were nothing like the ones I have seen on this site and others.

I get purple weed all the time, in fact purple strains are my favorite. I'm not sure what makes them purple, most likely genetics although i have heard from some growers there is a way to make it urple by adding a mineral/chemical, although this isnt a true "purple" strain if done that way.
Right now i have a few grams left over from my Grandady Purple stash, its pretty dark purple bud with a sweet candy taste. I went by the club the other day and saw they had my FAVORITE, "Purple Cream", which is also purple, but with a milky, creamy tastte. It's out of this world tasty. I wound up buying a half O of "Bubba Kush" which isnt purple but was their strongest strain, othewise it would have been Purple Cream all the way. There's also Royal Purple, a strong purple strain. Purple weed is damned good, but the hash is even better. Purple Erkle Hash? WOW! Purple Romulan? WOW!
-PM

PM i just saw Grandady Purple the other day in the club.

One of my favorite purple strains is purple kush. I was blown away by royal purple. Power purple is definately some good bud. Purple erkle hash tastes amazing!

Alot of differnt strains turn purple-haired and leaved especially when the weather turns cold........Here in The North.:smokin:

Some of it has to do with room temp. I believe in one of the grow journals somebody goes into what temp works best.

Different strains react differently to different temperatures, some purple strains stay purple no matter what the temperature, but the basic reasoning for the purple is they plant is cold.

Obviously its not terribly cold, otherwise those growing would never have a crop. The cold just causes the plant to make less chlorophyll which in turn causes the other pigments to show through, same principle in the changing colors of the trees in the fall, all the cholorphyll left so you can see the other pigments.

There's a high times FAQ on this, but I'm having trouble finding it, thats where I got the information.

I had always assumed purple buds were only a certain few varities, not that you could turn any bud into a purple one. Now I'm more confused. Being cold does not seem viable to me as the asian strains of these plants grew in high altitudes where it was naturally colder and still turned out green. I thought it was a genetic trait that would make it turn purple.

RooRman said:
I had always assumed purple buds were only a certain few varities, not that you could turn any bud into a purple one. Now I'm more confused. Being cold does not seem viable to me as the asian strains of these plants grew in high altitudes where it was naturally colder and still turned out green. I thought it was a genetic trait that would make it turn purple.

You are right in assuming that only certain varieties produce purple buds, however, some strains are more hearty than others and thus not as suceptible to cold. If you were to move a strain use to the climate of jamaica to an indoor grow room in minnesota or the outdoor conditions of wisconsin in the summer you would get purple coloration.

Not to get too technical the purple coloration only comes out when the conditions are favorable for purple coloring, i.e. colder temperatures, and only in strains in which the temperature grown in is cooler than the normal temperature for that strain.

Does this clear anything up? I can go on if necessary, just trying to keep it as simple as possible.

HappyOneHit said:
You are right in assuming that only certain varieties produce purple buds, however, some strains are more hearty than others and thus not as suceptible to cold. If you were to move a strain use to the climate of jamaica to an indoor grow room in minnesota or the outdoor conditions of wisconsin in the summer you would get purple coloration.

Not to get too technical the purple coloration only comes out when the conditions are favorable for purple coloring, i.e. colder temperatures, and only in strains in which the temperature grown in is cooler than the normal temperature for that strain.

Does this clear anything up? I can go on if necessary, just trying to keep it as simple as possible.

actually made sense to me :cheesygrinsmiley:

Iv'e had some purple colored weed grow before...it wasn very potential and I just threw the rest away, I didn't feel like smoking 4-5 buds to get a buzz, I had a few other green plants so I just smoked them

i have used to get purple indica all the time from my dealer...it was suberb...now i think i'm getting bc bud...i'm not complaining

I have never seen purple buds before in my life and thats why I figured I would ask. I understand now that a purple strain may turn out green if not grown cold enough but is the reverse true as well? Also, if there are purple, why not blue or any other color for that matter?

ive seen bud thats green, deep rich dark green, blueish hues, pink bud, orange, almost black, super bright/light green almost bright yellow

yeah buds come in all sorts of colors, the scientific explanation for the purple is what I explained earlier. Different strains, like other kinds of plants/animals/basic life differ from one another through color, smell or potency.

Sometimes I regret not majoring in biology, but its a hobby, not something I want my life to revolve around

Back
Top Bottom