Purple Pot - Tutorial/Pictorial

Well actually what about just buying the bud and not seeds what would I be looking for then? Sorry I didn't make it so clear on my last post but I want to know the details when purchasing nuggets.

Ok, again forget about the colour. As I said, colour is no indicator of quality pot. The only way to tell is examine the bud you are buying. Look for aroma, crystals, density, etc. The only way to really know if a bud is good, is to smoke it. If you like it, buy more. If not, try another dealer.
There is no hard and fast rule when buying pot, and the old saying "Caveat Emptor" applies. (let the buyer beware). NEVER just go on colour.

Thank you for your help, I know it really isn't based on color but I just always though purple haze and such had to be purple or at least a tint of purple color. I will be chipping in w/ a friend for an Oz and purple is just so rare around here and I wanted to make sure I'm getting what I'm paying.

Its a shame actually... Super dank, snow white, crystalline buds will sit by while a bag of nasty purple sells to high heaven. No one smokes anything before they buy it anymore... too bad really.

god i miss the good old days when i taste tested before buying

most of the time its not necessary as my
usual supplier is fussy about quality

*drool*
I literally salivated at those pictures and the orgy of words on this thread. BEAUTIFULLY DONE (as usual!)!

Medgrower theres several different varieties of Blueberry.
Finding the original is hard ike you said. Ive noticed that every single blueberry girl I have ever grown has always had purple hues towards the end of flowering. Ive never seen a Bluberry that didnt have some awsome color to be honest. My temps stay at 70 farehnheit.

I grow mostly inside temps stay at 74 , This was the first time I grew this strain outside and the temp has been dropping down to 45 degrees at night and it is a healthy plant , hope I get harvest before frost . I have been using silicate in the feedings and it has helped the plant fight heat and bugs and maybe the cold , I will have to wait and see about the cold .

Taste testing before buying. Wow! That stirred the old brain cells, last time I was offered taste testing was sampling a variety of some incredible Humbolt buds in Santa Cruz back in '78.

Cold night temps outdoors can add some purple color as well. I am with Medi though, go by the smell, taste, and if possible high before you buy. I am struggling through a bag right now that look ok, smelled ok, but I am not really liking the high. That is the main reason I am venturing into growing my own. I will not comprimise quality to make a buck. In fact I do not plan to make any money. lol.

that is truly royal bud. such intense colors, great post

I'm so old I remember Zacatecas Purple,one of the fine old Mexican weeds. Trippy. It wouldn't surprise me if it's not the great grandma of most of these true purple strains.

I've always grown outside. A good 50% of weed will go somewhat purple in the cool weather late in the season the further you let it go. It seems to depend on the weather to some extent? If it stays warm and dry it will go more to a gold or sometimes an orange/red which is real cool.

I've never liked seeing purple unless the plant is nearly finished. Where I live the weather that brings purpling brings bud rot,too.

I arrived here because of some Blue Dream Haze that started turning purple in bloom. OMG, like purple patent leather catholic girl shoes purple...It is possible to fall in love with a phenotype.

Cannabis genetics natrualy have,blackberry,grape fruit,ect. Cannabis is a fruit,it's up to the breeder to extract the genetics their interested in.the theory the color puple sounds great,but it's just another color that mother nature produces naturally,i could change the color of any of my plants by adding cold air during the flowering stage at night.blackberry,and most pure heavy indica strains turn purple when grown properly..HAPPY GROWING..

Back
Top Bottom