q's on fluorescent lights and soil

lisascotworth

hi all, first post here. here are my questions:

1) so according to the stickied grow guide on this forum, there are 3 flourescents to choose from: standard, wide spectrum, and cool whites. i already have 2 wide spectrums, so what should i add to them, 2 standards? it says " but the wide spectrum lights are not sufficient on their own. The wide spectrum lights were designed as a supplementary light source and are cheaper than the standard lights." so i want to get 2 standards?

2) how many watts do i want? it says the more the better. i have 2, if i get 2 more that's 4 x 1900 lumens = 7600 is that enough? it's in a small bathroom with white walls.

3) soil: "If you want to make your own soil mixture, you can use this recipe:
Mix two parts moss with one part sand and one part pearlite or sponge
rock to each four gallons of soil." ok, but what's the size of the "part"? "part" is not a size of measurement. "part" is a ratio, or percentage, actually.

4) pee pots. these are the little soil cups that you can start seeds in. i started the seeds in these things. after i put them into the soil in the pots, they don't seem to disintegrate and the plant is rootbound in this tiny cupsized dirt blob. am i suppose to cut these things open before planting them? they don't seem to work well, next time i won't use them.

i guess that's all for now. i'll work on that, and maybe it'll help. thanks alot everyone.

A. just because u add alot of light in the room, doesnt mean it will jump the lumens up. in fact there are alot of wasted lumens, that dont even hit the plant, i use wide spectrum and day light. i start mine in plastic cups and when i see roots at the bottom i transplant it into a 5 gal.

so should i get more 'standard' bulbs? i wanna know before i spend more money and more on my energy bill. i can't get any natural light on them. i don't want to use any incandescent, they're too hot and the room gets too hot. and summer is getting hotter here. thanks for the help.

how many ppl read this forum when high, or read it only when they 're high.

Back
Top Bottom