Question about CFLs

Boomba_Star

I have a question on cfl lights on growing. First, I am going to explain what setup i have...

- tall full atx computer case
- 4 26w 2700k cfl bulbs [for flowering]
- mylar reflectant
- 2 fans

I was told that with the setup I have I cannot grow really good buds and the height would be limited, thus giving me only about 1/8th or more for each plant. This person also said that my grow won't be successful and as good as growing with higher end lights such as HPS or so...

the problem is that I am on a budget and I wanna grow for personal use. Ive read and heard about how successful a pc grow was.

My plan is to maximize yield for the limited amount of space I have. Here are the dimensions of my case: 24" H x 8" W x 17" L

I want to buy a clone and some 4 26w 6400k cfl bulbs for vegging. Then apply the LST or scrog technique. I want to start off with an indica as I heard it does not grow as tall as sativa plants do.

so using this setup can I:

[] produce very potent/delicous/beautiful buds?
[] can i grow sativa in the case or am i limited?
[] if done right how much can i yield?
[] can I grow 8 little plants and use some plant formula to stop its vertical growth?
[] what would be the best cycle to use?
[] should I use liquid nutrients? recommended?

any other input/advice would be greatly appreciated! a newbie to growing, but hey first time for everything!

thanks! :bong:

All your ideas sound good, Indica is a god choice like DaMagoMan said I think. Maybe 8 plants is a bit much for your area but for sure you will know tons about growing when you do one!!! Why dont your try 2 plants for 4 weeks and see what you got? I bent and scrogged a sativa that I had 24 inches and she did not like it much. but she did grow. I had to move her and she then took over the new space 2foot by 4ft by 6 foot and took a very long time to blossom ripening... prob the strain...
Believe me when I say that the growing experience even with one plant will give you so much more knowledge and then you will know what you are dealing with.. On this site I have seen some awesome grows in tight spaces!
good luck

At just under a square foot your lighting idea sounds adequate.

Might want to mix in some of the 6500k bulbs (or use them exclusively) for flowering. I know that's not the best spectrum for it but you have no room for stretching.

Good luck and please do a journal. I've never seen a pc-case grow actually get completed to the person's satisfaction and would be interested in seeing one.

Back
Top Bottom