Question about flowering?

LowcountrySC

My light manufacturer said to leave both the veg and bloom switches on when veg. When I switch to flower, should I only use the bloom switch, or leave both on?

I run just the veg switch for the first two weeks of the seedlings and then after that I'll leave both on the entire grow all the way through Harvest

Whoever makes your nutrients should have a feeding schedule that you should try to follow. Most people on here that you soil start off with 1/4 dosage that they suggest and then after a couple of weeks maybe work up to a half a dose. And then if there's no signs of nutrient burn you could always up it from there. When plants are in veg they use more nitrogen and as they go into flowering they need much less nitrogen. I can't tell you how much because I don't know your whole situation. I use Fox Farm Trio nutrients and have worked up to 50% when I feed. So far they're taking it like a champ so my next feeding I might up it to 60 or 70%

Whoever makes your nutrients should have a feeding schedule that you should try to follow. Most people on here that you soil start off with 1/4 dosage that they suggest and then after a couple of weeks maybe work up to a half a dose. And then if there's no signs of nutrient burn you could always up it from there. When plants are in veg they use more nitrogen and as they go into flowering they need much less nitrogen. I can't tell you how much because I don't know your whole situation. I use Fox Farm Trio nutrients and have worked up to 50% when I feed. So far they're taking it like a champ so my next feeding I might up it to 60 or 70%
I'm also using the Fox Farm Trio Nutrients. Was wondering if I should stop giving the Grow Big and just give the Big Bloom and Tiger Bloom?

I assume you are in soil. Look at the attached schedule and download it to your phone. I follow it but are currently only using 50% of what they recommend. And don't forget to use Cal Mag also. It's not listed on the chart but I use it with every feeding and every watering. I am currently shooting for 6.3 - 6.4 pH.
20190615_201242.png

pH_chart72.jpg

The chart says to feed twice a week but you can only feed or water when your plant gets very light or dry. For me that's about every 4 to 7 days now. I also try to water feed water feed. There's thousands of posts on this forum so just keep reading and reading and reading and it'll start making more sense as time goes on.

I don't know if you know this, but when you add your nutrients and Cal Mag to your water stir it very good and THEN check your pH and adjust it accordingly with ph up and pH Down.

Back
Top Bottom