Question about indoor lights in 6'x6' closet

yotopgun

after watching a youtube video of someones grow using T5's and MH/HPS lights ive decided to give it a shot. but first i wanted to get input from a few of you growers who may have already ventured into this type of grow.

what im looking at is a single 200W 4bulb x 4foot T5 and a 400W switchable MH/HPS. total of 600w. in a 6' wide 2' deep 8' high closet. i intend to try and grow 12 plants using 3gal pots. hoping for over a 1lb per harvest realistically. i figure i will veg them until they are around 18"-24" tall then flip the switch.

i will have installed 4" ducting to our home AC then into the closet, as well as install a bathroom vent fan(15$) for exhaust into the attack. i already have a vornado air circulator to prevent hot spots as well. does this sound do able? is my lighting adequate? how about the amount of space? thanks in advanced. ;)

Re: Question about indoor lights in 6'x6' closet.

i just noticed a similar thread. sorry if this one seems redundant.

Re: Question about indoor lights in 6'x6' closet.

these are the lights i have in mind.

T5> Amazon: 4 ft 4 bulb, T5 Grow Light Fluorescent Lighting System, with bulbs

MH/HPS > Amazon: 400 Watt 400w Digital Switchable Ballast Grow Light Set Includes HPS, MH Bulbs, Reflector, Power Cord and Hanger

Figure 3000 lumens/sq ft for veg and 5000/sq ft for flower.

You can do the math and see if those lights will work.

DD

well from what ive read these lights produce a total output of 60,000lumens. that should be enough then i suppose.

In a 6'x6' area, 36sq ft, you would need 180,000 lumens to flower, 5000x36=180,000.

I would think of a smaller area. 60,000 lumens is good for about 12 sq ft.

Think a tent would fit in the closet? You can always expand or, get more lights.

DD

i think i may have posted my dimensions wrong. the closet is a standard double door slider. 6' 6" wide, 2' 3"deep 8'tall. i wont be using the overall hight of the room. as the lights will hang from the top shelf about a foot lower. so i guess my true dimensions are 6x2. 12sq foot.

Back in the day we just figured 1lb per 1k watt halide. You may want to grow less plants?

Also, you'll want to keep the T5s as close as possible at all times and mylar on the walls wouldn't hurt either.

Constant exhaust fan may not be what you want? IF your temps and humidity are good when exhausting 24/7 then you're fine but if not you may want to put it on a timer and run it 15 minutes per hour or whatever you find works best.:yummy:

Back
Top Bottom