Lighting Question

4theist20

What kind of lighting would I need if I wanted to grow 4 - 6 plants at a time in a closet? Would a 250W MH/HPS and some flouros be OK? Could I go with less?

Well first of all how big is your closet, You can't honestly expect us to know already.

Second is prefrence, Do you want to use fluro's or HID, If HID do you want HPS or other, then we can reccomend a light in that area.

4-6 plants, 3x3ft for each plant. for each foot of a plant u need 30-50watts. so buy like 3 240watt HPSs and u will be happy. its worth the money.

Closet: 7x2ft.

I would like to veg 4 - 6 plants for 2 - 6 weeks then bud them.

Could ONE 250w MH and some flouros be enough?
Up till now I have been using the spiral flouros, but if the tubes are better I can switch. They are cheap.

- I do plan on buying a conversion bulb for both stages of plant growth.

yeah i would think that would be enough, just make sure to have good air circulation and flower pretty early so that you dont outgrow your space

sorry but im new at this i just planted one seed and its grown in the last week or more, i ended up getttin 2 of those GE plant lights 65W 120v are those good and if not what type of light am i supposed to get and where? i dont wana spend like a gang load of money, I also keep hearing something about floros? thanks fellas if u can help

^^ Sorry man, but if you want to be able to grow a really good yield, you're gonna have to dish out a bit of cash. HID (high intensity discharge) lights are best....

Do a quick search through the grow forum and you should get a pretty good idea of how to grow.. especially check out Matanuska Valley's grow journal: Matanuska Valley's Grow Journal

Back
Top Bottom