Is This LED Harvest Comparable To What You Would Expect From a 250HPS?

tbrad

YouTube - The buds mpeg2

ok ive been watching this guys LED grow on youtube, hes using 2x 120w LED lights, and 2x 90w UFOs, as well as a few CFLs.

the video i posted above is his final yeild from one of the plants,
i was just wondering if that kind of yield is what you would expect from a 250w HPS?

The thing is im kinda stuck between either buying a 250w HPS, or going for a 150w LED.

You hear so many conflicting reports, and virtually all of the LED sales people are complete liars, so im thinking i might just screw this whole LED thing and get myself a 250w HPS.

I want to do 4 plants in 80x80 tent, i dont want to use a 400w,
i want to keep the electric use down, so it needs to be as stealthy as possible.

The other option is using CFLs, a company sells 250w red and blue bulbs,
has anyone had any experience with them?

Ok, any advice on this guys LED yeild would be appreciated, how does it compare to a 250w HPS?

He's able to cover a much larger area with multiple LED's than you could cover with a single 250w HPS, but you can pull 2 oz per plant on four plants in your tent with a 250 HPS. It helps to use a digital ballast and a high-output horticultural bulb because those two small gains add up and make a difference.

I'm not sure on LEDs yet. Yes they use less power, and yes they make less heat, but HPS has a solid reputation of making more bud volume, and isn't that what we are all after?

I'm kinda old school, and if it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Besides, LEDs cost more.

Considering this guys using over 400watts of LED's the yield should equal what a 400 watt HID outputs aand not a 250. otherwise where are the savings. A watt is a watt.

"A watt is a watt" Ive been saying this since LED's popped out in the market.
I think that all the LED growers should stick to Lowryder.....so heinous

Back
Top Bottom