To you current LED growers (is this light suitable?)

WilliamB217

420 Member
Alright, I'm going to be buying 1 of these LED lights to try, and will purchase more if they are good enough. I know there's tons of junk ones out there, so I've done some research on them, and I have come up with this one (100w, equivalent to 250W HPS):

Seeing as I'm new to the LED world, I figured I'd ask you current LED growers if this has all the specs that I'd be looking for. Any further suggestions of information would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

:welcome:
Depends on the size of your tent/space.
One light like that is usually good for a 60x60cm/2x2 foot tent.
I haven't used Viparspectra myself, but I've seen some good plants grown under them in the journals.
You might want to use the search function to find a journal using them.

Edit: If I remember correctly @VetSmoke85 uses them, so maybe one of his journals can help.

Alright, I'm going to be buying 1 of these LED lights to try, and will purchase more if they are good enough. I know there's tons of junk ones out there, so I've done some research on them, and I have come up with this one (100w, equivalent to 250W HPS):

Seeing as I'm new to the LED world, I figured I'd ask you current LED growers if this has all the specs that I'd be looking for. Any further suggestions of information would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

to begin with @ViparSpectra is a current sponsor on the board. if you are going to purchase, you should go through the board for a discount at minimum.

while that board is fine, there are newer vipar designs that could be arguably better. the rig you linked to is a quantum board style, a lot of growers have moved to strip type rigs, as the light distribution and heat exchange are better.

as for the size of a rig you need, my standard response is look at one rated for the size of your grow area, then go one larger for purchase. i'm a big proponent of wall to wall light. light is directly tied to your success and can't be replaced.

Back
Top Bottom