question for ya's?

Ontario

where can you buy those blue drums or black drums, the barrels for going over the falls, lol??? Are the plastic ones good for a reservoir, I see them in some of the pics on here? Im not sure is it a 50 gallon drum?? My table is 4x7 and doesn't have any ridges on the bottom, like a store bought flood table...should I put the plants up on tiles or something and let the little bit of water that remains run in between them?? or just leave the rockwool cubes on the rubber linered bottom? I hope the questions make sense and whoever answers understands, thanks everyone? Pics are coming, I just have to get organized...

Rockwool will 'suck' itself to a flat, smooth surface and cause root rot from lack of o2. Tile sounds like it would do the same thing. I use a little bit of perlite scattered around for my clones, but on a table your size, a layer of hydrotron should do the trick. That's why the 'real' tables have the grooves/ridges.

Look in the 'penny shopper' sort of classified you get at 7-11 for barrels. Should be no more than $10-$15 each for the 55 gallon. Local recyclers also.

DD

Back
Top Bottom