Quick question...

Barneby1

Hey everyone, 1st time grower here. would like to say thus far this site/forum has been extremely helpful.

anyway, started my grow about a week and a half ago and have a few sproutlings (working with soil). Problem is, i realized i was a dumbass and grabbed 3gal pots. Will these work or should i wait till the plants are just a touch bigger and re-transplant into 5gal pots?

3gal will work. but 5gal will allow the plants to grow bigger like said above

3 gal. planters should work as long as your not trying to grow big tall plants in them kinda depends how long your going to veg. them out if your going for a quick turn over they should work,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, SMOKR1

I grow my soil plants in 3 gal pots, but I dont let them get over 3 ft high..........good luck with the grow : )
1 gal a foot is a good rule to grow by in soil...

awesome. you know, now that you mention that 1gal per foot thing i remember having read that somewhere before. thanks for the timely responses :goodjob:

Hey everyone, 1st time grower here. would like to say thus far this site/forum has been extremely helpful.

anyway, started my grow about a week and a half ago and have a few sproutlings (working with soil). Problem is, i realized i was a dumbass and grabbed 3gal pots. Will these work or should i wait till the plants are just a touch bigger and re-transplant into 5gal pots?

3 gallon is a bit on the large size for seedlings. As was mentioned, pot loves to be up canned, but doesn't care too much to be way over potted.

The 1 gallon/foot of plant is a good rule of thumb, are your plants 3' tall yet?

For seedlings, I usually go 1qt or less, up can to a 1 gallon, then to a 2 or 3 gallon and then to a 5 gallon.

None of this is set in stone and it mainly depends on the particular plants growth habits. I've gone from 1 to 5 gallon with a really vigorous grower.

But, a 5" or 6" tall plant in a 3 gallon pot is not the best idea.

DD

Back
Top Bottom