Quitting Smoking Pot

ChronicKind

I truly do love pot, but I have decided to quit because of what smoking alot of pot/cigarettes for the past 3-4 years has done to me. Yesterday I was having really bad problems breathing, I went to the doctor and they said it was due to my allergies, however I know alot of it is due to the gunk caught in my lungs from smoking. I am a bit of a hypochondriac so If my health is fucked up in any way it worries me alot.

One day I will start smoking pot again, but it will be with a vaporizer only. I'm too young to be having health issues like this. I wonder how everyone will take this, I've got such a bad reputation for being a pothead I wonder if anyone will even believe me.

Now this isnt saying I wont look into other methods of getting my pot, just that im done SMOKING for good. So I know that I can make edibles, hash oil pills, or I could get a vaporizer, Any suggestions?

yeah man, good for you take care of yourself. well yeah the high you get from edibles is great. i read in the big book of buds that delta 9 thc gets coverted into delta 11 thc. it also says that delta 11 is some thing like 3 times stronger than delta 9. the only thing is that eating is less efficent to get thc in your blood. it gets like 30% of it when smokeing is like 70% so a dose will be some what bigger of what you use to smoke. cannabrex has a kit to make extracted thc pills. they are not like hash oil pills. they also have a product that makes edibles as effecint as smoking so you may want to check that out. it can be bought at www.cannabrex.com. vaporising is also a great way to consume your weed. pinch had metioned his the vaporgenie. im sure he can tell you more about it. Vapor Bros is another good vape.

If you're really having serious heath problems than you should probably ditch the vapo too. Though it is lighter you're still putting stuff in your legs.

Really... Give your lungs a break for a few weeks or so then maybe you can start up lightly again.

420dentist said:
Just quit cigarettes.. Allow your lungs some time to replenish themselves....

I havent been smoking cigs at all lately, and any time before that was only one every few days with my bud, but I have smoked cigs heavily in the past few years.

If you love marijuana that much, you don't have to smoke it... You can get high by eating it, so put on your Martha Stewart hat and cook away.

there are so many other ways for you to enjoy pot, just like everybody's said in there posts. It is good your quitting cigarettes it's hard, I did it after 10yrs and now I've been just smoking pot for the last 13 months and my lungs feel great. I think a vaporizer would be a good investment, you even use less weed.

Yeah, I had the same thing... it was scary...
They gave me an inhaler, and everything is fine now. It seriously is the allergies for me...
But I'm also planning on buying a vape, and using that as my main means...
I'll still have my bubbler for special occasions...

I'll admit i have a problem when you pry the weed from my cold dead fingers....

quitters never win :smokin:

Well I went to the doctor again today and explained some more of my syptoms which I couldn't think of in my state of panic. She told me my breathing problems were probably due to some sort of depression/anxiety/mental problem, and that I was experiencing a panic attack. So I'm going to be seeing a therapist, and I might have to start taking Medication, which the doctor already gave to me. Well I guess it's sort of good to find out I'm crazy, I've always thought I was. I know I need to stay away from pot now, because pot only brings you down more. So fuck, have fun toking guys... and smoke one for me.

P.S. I will still post around here, I really like the community and It gives me something to do except let my mind go crazy.

Well now that Im calmed down from all the bullshit and I can think normally again, I decided that taking up smoking again would more help me than anything. Since I've had alot of problems sleeping, and have had a real problem with loss of appetite, and plus it makes you feel good. SO I figure using it to help with whatever I've got would be a better alternative to some of the shit they give people that causes them to flip and kill people and shit. Funny what a difference one day can make.

Dude, just be careful man...
A brain is a shitty thing to have sick...

^Yeah I hear that bro, the real reason I was worried is I was basically scared shitless I was gonna have another panic attack. I know all I gotta do is be calm now so Im not too worried.

Yeah I think thats what really set off the panic attack, I felt like I had soo much fucking build up in my lungs and throat. Then I thought I was gonna suffocate or something cause I've never gotten anything like that from allergies. The doctor gave me nasonex and allegra, I need to ask the doc about that pulmicort, cause this shit doesnt seem to be helping much. Anyway, I smoked a fatty blunt last night with no problems.

Be careful. Get yourself checked out by a pulmonologist. Do not smoke anything or take any meds, even aspirin. Let the pulmonologist examine you without the influence of any meds. The easy way out for doctors is to say you have a psychological problem. If you are experiencing breathing related problems, then YOU ARE EXPERIENCING BREATHING RELATED PROBLEMS!!!! Ever hear of a second opinion? Don't be a fool. Get in there as fast as possible. Rule out heart/lung problem first, then go for the psychological. If you have to, pay cash. Check with your insurance company regarding your coverage when you go to see more than one doctor for the same problem. Keep posting. Don't start any THC or anything else until you get an answer.

Back
Top Bottom