Strange Dreams associated with quitting smoking?

superbface

I quit smoking about a month ago (not for good), for the good of my new job. About two weeks ago I started having these f*c*ed up nightmares. I've never experienced this before. I mentioned this to a friend of mine and he said it was cause I quit smoking. Or withdrawals. (For lack of a better word) Is there any merit to what he's saying? Any personal stories? Sort of makes sense to me seeing how I was a chronic smoker for the last 6 years and then then just quit, cold turkey. Also, I haven't experienced any of the usual withdrawal symptoms: irritability, insomnia, loss of appetite, etc.

Cannabis suppresses the conscience short term memory of dreams in most cases, you are now remembering your dreams because you are not smoking... i haven't remembered a dream in years... want to get rid of the nightmares? start smoking again... Cannabis is medicine my friend...;)

Yup what 420 said.

Same thing happened to me when I quit twelve years ago--major messed up dreams for a few months. If you don't want to smoke anymore, that's cool, but you'll have to put up with the nightmares for a while. If you want them to stop, start smoking again.

Well, got my first paycheck after being laid off for 3 months. Went and procured an 1/8 of some of the finest Gran Daddy Kush in TX IMO and I already feel back to normal. Thanks for the replies. Always feels good to know you're not really going bat shit crazy.
Happy Holidays Everyone

Cannabis suppresses the conscience short term memory of dreams in most cases, you are now remembering your dreams because you are not smoking... i haven't remembered a dream in years... want to get rid of the nightmares? start smoking again... Cannabis is medicine my friend...;)

+, it will affect how you remember your dreams, and may even affect your sleep patterns. you may not be able to fall into (RIM)deep sleep as easily.

Come to think of it. Since you said that weedasaurus...It probably doesn't help that this new job requires me to work overnight from 10pm to 8 am. I had already screwed up my sleep schedule. I suppose it was kind of a perfect storm for this situation.

Back
Top Bottom