Rain water

pH is a scale used to measure the acidity or alkalinity of a solution. This scale ranges from -1 (most acidic) to 14 (most basic). A pH level of 7 is neutral. For example, freshly distilled water would be a neutral 7. Fresh lemon juice would be more acidic at around 2. Baking soda would be basic at around 9.

It is impossible for any given solution to have a pH of 74. I would expect fresh uncontaminated rainwater to be closer to neutral at around 7. :peace:

If it's collected in a way that keeps it in its original state it should be excellent stuff. I've heard that rain water can grab Nitrogen out of the air...free fertilizer.

I am sorry this is a little off subject but I am medicated and this is where the thought came to me....

Just been doing some reading on Bioponics, using fish tanks and then circulate the fish water or use top water floats and grow straight from the fish water.....fish emulsion/ nitrogen that was my connection thru all that....:thedoubletake:

If it's collected in a way that keeps it in its original state it should be excellent stuff. I've heard that rain water can grab Nitrogen out of the air...free fertilizer.

Yes, but it also grabs pollutants from the air as well. This is what makes "acid rain". If you live in a city with poor air quality unfiltered rain water might not be the best ticket. :peace:

Well yes we are pretty spoiled around here. :) If there's a reasonable return on the investment of having it tested, and you live in or near a big city, particularly in the northeast US, that might be the way to go.

Back
Top Bottom