Rally: For The Jacki Rickert Medical Marijuana Act Oct.12

Jim Finnel

Fallen Cannabis Warrior & Ex News Moderator
The Jacki Rickert Medical Marijuana Act will be rolled out about mid-September, per the latest update from the office of WI State Rep. Mark Pocan (D-Madison), the bill's lead sponsor. State legislators are now on summer break until their next floor period in September.

This short delay gives supporters more time to contact their State Assembly Representative and State Senator and ask that they sponsor the bill and also educate them on the issue, if needed. Medical users should share how legal access would benefit them with legislators and their staff.

A rally for the Jacki Rickert Medical Marijuana Act will be held in Madison at the Wisconsin State Capitol on Sunday, October 4, 2009 as part of The 39th Annual Great Midwest Marijuana Harvest Festival, following the traditional Harvest Fest parade up State St. and around Capitol Square to the Capitol's State St. steps. The rally will feature speeches by Jacki Rickert, Gary Storck, Jim Miller, Mary Powers, NORML Daily Audio Stash's Russ Belville and others TBA. Please contact your State Senator and State Representative and plan on attending the rally to show your support for legal access to medical cannabis in Wisconsin!

While awaiting introduction of the bill, supporters should contact not only their State Assembly representative and State Senator, but also the office of Gov. Doyle and ask they support the Jacki Rickert Medical Marijuana Act when it is introduced.

Who Are My Legislators? Who Are My Legislators?

Legislative Hotline:
* In Madison: 266-9960
* Toll-free: 1-800-362-9472

Thanks,

Gary Storck director of communications, Is My Medicine Legal YET? www. immly. org PO Box 3410 Madison, WI 53704-0410
(608) 301-5665

Back
Top Bottom