Random Weed Tales

RangerDanger

This occured circa early 70's.
I was going to visit my friend in Tahoe (I lived in L.A.) and decieded to take the 395 instead on my usual route via the 5.
Shortly after I got on the 395 I picked up a hitchiker, a guy about 20 with a backpack.
We started talking and he told me what he was up to.
He lived in Canada, and back in those days it was difficult to get weed where they were. So he got together with a few friends and they all chipped in.
This guy hitched it to freaking Guatamala and bought a kilo of weed for $15.00 and was headed home.
He broke open the brick, took out a little pinch and twisted up a coupla of fat ones.
Man that was good weed. Driving through the desert aong the eastern Sierra's, blitzed on Guatamalan. We saw mucho shooting stars. I remember I had the same tape in for like 6 hours.
When we got to Bishop we were exhausted so we pulled on a side street and crashed in the back of my van.
The next morning when we woke up I saw we had parked across the street from the Bishop police station! And there was a fat roach sitting on the console in plain sight!
We continued our journey and when we got to Reno we parted company, me to head up the hill to Tahoe and him to continue to Canada.

This happened in a rural area about 90 minutes outside of L.A.
On the road that went thro the community (the linked up 2 area's of SoCal) local residents noticed a camper with a flat tire that was parked alongside the road.
After 3 or 4 days they called the cops to report it.
The cops go out and run a check on the plates to see if it's stolen. It wasn't but they found out it was a rental, so they call the rental company.
A guy comes out from the rental company and unlocks the camper part.
Inside was like 500 pounds of weed. There was a spare tire but it was flat.

So someone was driving a shitload of MJ somewhere, gets a flat tire and just abandoned the truck. You'd think he would have hitched a ride with the spare to the nearest gas station (about 20--30 miles away) and got the tire filled/repaired, gone back to the truck and continued. But no, he just left it.

I'm sure at least 1 person got the holy shit kicked out of them (at least) over that.

Awesome story there. I have one. It's sorta lame and not my own but here goes...

My father used to be a big smoker back in the day. He worked construction and was the foreman for a small company in Kissimmee, FL.

One day he was B a k e d, working at a funeral home doing some minor repairs. He didn't like working there, he said it was a creepy place, besides he always seen someone wheeling a dead body around into the morgue, but he knew he had to get the mortar work done anyway. The guy running the place told him he could go upstairs to get some water for the mortar. (Remember he was stoned outta his mind..) He walks upstairs, finds the kitchen and begins getting water at the sink. Then this very old woman that must have been over 98 years old came up behind him - he felt her presence, turned around, and nearly pissed himself! he thought for sure it was a ghost or somethin! lol!

Dad tells it best tho'. friggin hilarious...

Back
Top Bottom