Re-veggin moms when can I clone?

Perlite has been my main cloning method for the last few years. I just use a single large tub or tray, with about 4 inches depth of perlite, soak it to the point where there maybe 1/2” water in the bottom, and just plunk all the cuttings in there separated by little dividers and labelled. I don’t use any dome or mist. I just leave them in the tub sitting on the bare floor under a cfl.
By the time the tub is getting dry after 10-14 days they’re showing roots.

i also run on rain water. No nutes of any kind in the cloner. But I have started using Z7.

-———

I normally wait till the reveg plant is showing normal veg leaves again before taking cuttings off it. Sometimes plants, especially certain strains, seem to get stuck in that halfway stage where they continue to grow single blade and triple blade leaves basically forever. I had a Chocolope strain that never grew more than three blades again after its first flowering and reveg.
After a couple years of that I gave up on it. PotChimp had the same experience with the same strain.
I’m sick of having that happen because they are not worth a shit in flowering and just grow fluffy foxtailed bud. Also they don’t grow very vigorously.

After quite a few bad experiences now I like to be more decisive with them and make sure that are completely 100% back in veg mode before taking cuttings.

Not saying that this will happen to you. You can do it the other way and take cuttings earlier. They'll continue to reveg, and it will probably work out fine. This is just where I’m at with the question now.

I definitely don’t flower anything anymore that is not showing vigourous proper veg-type growth. I’m also a little bit more careful about messing with the light cycle in veg. I went for many years thinking it didn’t matter at all if I opened the door to the veg room during lights out.

I’m more careful now about just keeping them on track, because they sometimes do get confused and stuck, and it is annoying when that happens.

So is there any way to encourage the transition into the five finger leaf stage? It's very tall due to the sativa stretch and low light in my green house. I'm thinking of cutting it down to one or two branches and maybe changing the light or??? nutrients? The two clones I cut from her are still alive after two weeks, no roots showing yet out the bottom of the pot tho.

You can try 24/0 light I suppose. Hacking it down should be fine too.
To some extent you just have to wait it out and they will come around eventually I think. My Chocolope never did, but in hindsight I’m starting to wonder if I just never gave it enough months to do it. If it’s getting too tall yes just hack it down. And I would try doing clones too. Just make sure they’re growing normally before flowering. They really don’t grow very nice bud when you flower them out like that.

Some strains just seem more sensitive to getting stuck in that reveg sort of mode.

I have a P Chunk pheno that took on that three fingered look last fall. that was in September. I’ve just kept it in veg and did what I could to keep it as small as possible and it’s finally straightened itself now and is growing enough normal looking leaves. I will cut clones of those as soon as I get around to it, and toss the main plant just because I’m short on room right now.

Well since my goal is to make fem. Seeds. I'm gonna try to keep the clones alive until they make root and grow them out
If the mom never straightens up I will just flower her and pollenate her. See how that works. I'm hoping to get clones from all my mom's and then flower out these mom's, keeping bonsai size clones back.

My third Romulan grapefruit Pheno has produced three clones that rooted. The other Pheno is the one with only three fingered leaf, and her two clones have it produced enough roots to reach the bottom of their pots. They have remained green and turgid for two weeks and I'm thinking of giving them a few days. Maybe this weekend I will pull them and see if they have roots.
Maybe....

Apparently I was not spraying the female often enough with the colloidal silver. I was spaying once a day after the flip to 12/12 and I needed to spray three or more times a day. I'm going to try to finish what I started and will be spraying her three or more times a day for the next week. She has little pollen sacks at the internees about is making female flowers too.

Bro..., just veg them for 6-8 weeks, take massive cuttings for better clones, flower the mother, and then you’ll have 8-20 clones for your NEXT run. Don’t stress the small stuff. If the past year showed... you can grow however the fk you want! Get s great crop, harvest, then as its curing, learn your craft!

My revegged and slightly tipped photos
20210702_092159.jpg

My wife's had tremendous success, freaked out when I tipped them 90 and made them stretch up. My clone attempts were good but had no room to give them so I gave them away. Pic is genetic hybrid GMO and like nothing I've sampled. Smell is as different from skunk and sinsi but like neither.

Yes I have re-vegged this strain, it's easier to revegg and clone than most. I would still like to make seeds but these girls are stick on being female it seems. Rightnow I'm exposing a couple to a pineapple thai male. That will make Romulan grapefruit cross with pineapple thai. I also hit one with vietnamese black pollen. It's calyxes seemed different from the branches not hit with pollen.

Back
Top Bottom