Really slow bud growth! Help

fault

So I've been in flower for over 4 almost 5 months and the buds are really small but Alot of crystals on the leaves. I caused some stress by picking all the fan leaves off I forgot what method it's called. Are my buds going to grow to a decent size or should I start over?

its very hard to give an answer without knowing the strain and some of the conditions
i know some strains are said to go 16 weeks or so but the size of the colas at this time should be closing in on the final target so something isn't right
pictures help a lot too
take care and good luck

20131218_045737.jpg
20131218_045725.jpg
20131218_045713.jpg

i am no expert but that's a lot of vegetation in close proximity
what lights do you use, did you use fertilizer? for 5 months in flower there is a lot of leaf and its still dark that could be too much nitrogen which could increase leaf growth and thus slow flowering
but its not always cause you gave too much but maybe something got locked out
although they look small they seem to be mature, have you tried taking a piece of flower from the lower section to test?
do the trichomes (crystals) look white or even amber? if you can get a magnifying glass or loupe to see up close
they look dusty almost a white powdery look to me, no idea what that is
you may have to chalk this one up to experience
if you leave them too long it is as bad as taking them too soon or maybe even worse
lets hope an elder steps in and gives some advice
don't worry too much til then cause as i said i am not a pro here
i bump your post to get attention
hope abounds
take care and good luck

So I've been in flower for over 4 almost 5 months and the buds are really small but Alot of crystals on the leaves. I caused some stress by picking all the fan leaves off I forgot what method it's called. Are my buds going to grow to a decent size or should I start over?

You were/are in flower for 4-5 months? 16 to 20 weeks?

I don't think you can do anymore with them if you are in flower that long....they look really fried to a point.

Get your hands on a scope and look at the trics....I am concerned you went to far.

Hard to tell from photos maybe the 4-5 months is a typo?

I'm not real sure but I may even see powdery mildew in there...lighting and pics can be deceiving sure hope you get it figured out.

Hi Fault :ciao:

When you took all her fan leaves,

she had no energy to make buds,

so she grew leaves as well as buds.

How long has she looked like this for?

At the upper left, under the canopy.

It looks brown, like mold or dried out.

20131218_045737.jpg

Not a typo it really has been that long. Those just turned brown cuz they got dried out. So I shouldn't have pulled all the fan leaves? So she is pretty much done then? First grow I think I tried to hard to get a big yield. So I should probably start over?

Back
Top Bottom