Recreational Marijuana Slope Getting Slipperier

Truth Seeker

Perhaps emboldened by the voters of Washington and Colorado, lawmakers in Rhode Island and Maine announced today that they will introduce legislation to make pot legal there for recreational users. Rhode Island Rep. Edith Ajello and Maine Rep. Diane Russell made the joint announcement through the Marijuana Policy Project, a non-profit advocacy group.

"We are passing the tipping point when it comes to this issue," said MPP Legislative Analyst Robert Capecci. "Unfortunately, lawmakers have traditionally been behind public opinion when it comes to marijuana policy reform. With these thoughtful legislators in at least four states planning on introducing sensible proposals to remove criminal penalties and regulate marijuana in their states, it's clear that ending marijuana prohibition is gaining momentum."

He added that similar bills are expected in Vermont and Massachusetts. Vermont and Maine have had MMJ since 2009, Vermont since 2006, and Massachusetts just passed an MMJ law on election day.

news8.jpg

News Hawk- TruthSeekr420 420 MAGAZINE
Source: tucsonweekly.com
Author: J.M. Smith
Website: Recreational Marijuana Slope Getting Slipperier | The Range: The Tucson Weekly's Daily Dispatch

honestly i am very happy for the American people and the future of our Mary Jane. I hope though that the legalization of marijuana will not end up being a mistake and also hope some stupid and irresponsible dont ruin it for the rest of us. I hope this pushes the enevlope in other nations also to reconsider legalizing marijuana in there country.

I imagine we are fairly influential in cannabis being treated so ridiculously in many places... I hope this is a slippery slope indeed! For the world, right on THspot! :high-five:

Here in the states I really hope how it ends up is that the only difference between medical and recreational "herbal" cannabis for the law is tax. I dislike the idea of being taxed for something that keeps me out of the hospital...

I'd love to see more separation on the breeding end of the cannabis world... I'm to tired to really explain what I mean... But for some reason I think when it's legal in most places, strains will held with copyrights... Business' will try to fit our world into their models they understand... I don't think it will be very successful.

Us growers are pretty good at sharing... I would like to think so anyway.. To much saliva to think clearly lol, congrats you legal states! The rest of us I'll join you soon enou! ;)

I imagine we are fairly influential in cannabis being treated so ridiculously in many places... I hope this is a slippery slope indeed! For the world, right on THspot! :high-five:

Here in the states I really hope how it ends up is that the only difference between medical and recreational "herbal" cannabis for the law is tax. I dislike the idea of being taxed for something that keeps me out of the hospital...

I'd love to see more separation on the breeding end of the cannabis world... I'm to tired to really explain what I mean... But for some reason I think when it's legal in most places, strains will be held with copyrights... Business' will try to fit our world into their models they understand... I don't think it will be very successful.

Us growers are pretty good at sharing... I would like to think so anyway.. To much SATIVA to think clearly lol, congrats you legal states! The rest of us Will join you soon enough! ;)

Whoa, iPad spelled afew things for me... Saliva was supposed to be SATIVA... Lol..

"strains will held with copyrights... Business' will try to fit our world into their models they understand... I don't think it will be very successful. "

- not likely you can't patent a plant just my 2 cents

Is the world actually gettiing better?

We are on the edge of war in the middle east and while we are to blame, we are not involved. Cannabis is being set free. The cannabis users and political prisoners like Marc Emery should follow.

Most Americans if not all will have health care.

American forces are coming home from two stupidly long wars.

The gays are happier, even feeling a Bond.

We just need to ignore our spiraling debt, right?

I do want to say to all of the corporate productivity overlords, politicians, drug testing services and crime syndicates that want to perpetuate prohibition...go fuck yourselves.

Back
Top Bottom