Red light Spectrum?

ghostdog

every one say that in budding stage you need more of the red light then any thing.... as i am using cfls 42 watts x 4 and 2x 14 watt ..i bought a red light bulb and thought it would help... am i wrong?

:thanks:

Re: Red light Spectrum ???

I think the red spectrum of light is part of the light spectrum humans cant see, so just adding a red filter to a bulb wouldnt make it a red spectrum, I may be wrong thats just what I think I may be wrong and would like to hear someone more educated to find out. But then again you can see the red in sodium and the blue in metal halide so not sure. Sorry just pickled your head more probably, I just did mine haha

But you know you can buy cfl bulbs with either red or blue or even duel spec.

A red filter over the light will adjust the wavelength of the light. However, it also defuses the light and makes it less intense. There are "red" bulbs if you are looking at LED's or plasma burners. Otherwise, for normal bulbs (like the CFL's you are using) the wavelength or color of the light you are using is measured in Kelvin like Miwa said. Anything below 3300K will have a reddish orange look to the color of the light and be skewed to the red side of the light spectrum. The higher the number the more blue in the light.

tanks that sounds good.. all you have good points.. i think i will get it for my next grow.. i am at my last week... i think

what I heard is violet and blue 420nm-470nm spectrum is more used in budding and veg stage, instead of more red. for flowering stage, I think you can use both led with more red spectra and CFL, which will be better than only led I think.

Back
Top Bottom