Regeneration Question

ChesterC

I had to leave my grow for a month just as it was flowering so I now have 4 females with buds heavy with seeds ... does anyone know if a female plant can be regenerated after it has gone to seed ? I trimmed them, and poured the nutes to them, then cranked the lights up to 18 hrs .... so I guess we'll see. I hope to transplant them outdoors if they start to grow again.

:thanks:

I'm gonna guess No...once they've gone male there is no return...

If you mean can you get them back to veg? Then yes.. you can just change the light cycle and your males can go back to veg. but they will always be males..

I really wasn't thinking of trying to turn the males to females ... I'm wondering if the females can be revegged after they have produced seeds ... I know they can be revegged after they have produced buds but the fact that there are seeds would seem like the last stage before the death of the plant. I guess I'll know in a couple weeks ... Thanks for any and all input ... Great link exile19 ...

Just a quick heads up on the reveg of the females .... so far 3 of the 4 are doing great and the 4th looks to be a Sativa so I expect it to be a little stringy compared to the others. They're outdoors planted along a fence w/ other weeds. They're about a foot tall and blend in very nicely. It's the rainy season here in Florida and the plants love it.

Three plants still doing well and budding nicely ... about 18-24" tall. I cut them back hard just before they started to bloom because I need to keep them relatively short. They get almost no direct sun but I planted them in the only space I had, I feed them BPN Farmers Pride 3 part every week ...
:thumb:

Back
Top Bottom