Remediation of nute burn

matttimo

420 Member
Hi 420 friends, First time grower here.

I have a question regarding nute burn. I have symptoms on three of my babies where the leave tips first became yellow, then a little bit brown and then the tip also curled upwards.

Equipment:
Strain: Green Gelato
Coco Coir: Biobizz Coco-mix + 30% perlite
Nutrients: Biobizz
Lights: San Light Q4W v2

Question:
Remediation of nute burns. Do I really need to flush the seedlings with only PH neutral water in biobizz coco coir? It makes no sense to me. Can I not just lower the amount of nutes in half and continue with that?

Sure I can do that. I was also thinking that it is hard to overdo Bio. I was adding Ca/Mg in the beginning but they got more symptoms then. I use tap water (234ppm) where there already is enough Ca/Mg). I will add CalMag if there are symptoms along the way.

But Alga? According to the nute schedule from Bio I should not add Alga until flowering phase. The babies are only 4 weeks old. I add ActiVera, Bio-Heaven and Fish-Mix with each feeding.

The pic might be hard to really see. And they just went to sleep so I cannot take a new picture until 00.00 EET ^^

NOTE - Focus on the smaller leaves where 2 tips have the "nute burn". The cotydelons and the 2 first leaves on each seedling got totally yellow and a lot of nute burn (I THINK) But that was 3 weeks ago.

20210812_175532.jpg

20210812_175548.jpg

:welcome:
Are you certain it's nute burn? Can you post a pic?
Hard to overdo Bio - are you adding Ca/Mg and pH down to around 6.2?
In Bio/coco it is suggested you also use AlgAMic or ActiVera with every feed
Better to do a mini flush with Alga to cleanse and refresh the root zone, then lower the nutes a tad

I also have another question about Bio. You seem to know a little bit about Bio.

How to I do with their schedule? They only have one week root juice and one week veg.
I gave them 1 week root juice and week 2 on the schedule has been for 4 weeks now :)

Sorry for spamming. I have also followed the schedule with exact amount all the time. Without starting lower.

Everything else has been done to the science. Maybe watering too much in the beginning. But I adjust the PH to 6.2-6.3 each time etc. Trying to be very careful. Last time they all died haha

Don't follow the nute schedule to the letter - that is for large plants in ideal conditions
About 1/2 - 3/4 max seems fine - too much Bloom/Top doesn't seem to hurt, but too much Gro will
Yes, RootJuice is just a Humic acid starter for new roots so just one or two waters
The one week veg is an example, ie follow that for as many weeks as you want to veg
With young plants I find it useful to look at the underside of the pot to make sure it's not soggy down there

Don't follow the nute schedule to the letter - that is for large plants in ideal conditions
About 1/2 - 3/4 max seems fine - too much Bloom/Top doesn't seem to hurt, but too much Gro will
Yes, RootJuice is just a Humic acid starter for new roots so just one or two waters
The one week veg is an example, ie follow that for as many weeks as you want to veg
With young plants I find it useful to look at the underside of the pot to make sure it's not soggy down there

But it looks like nute burn right? So I give only PH 7 water with Activera a couple of days to clean the roots? Or 6.2 with Activera to clean the roots? :)

But it looks like nute burn right? So I give only PH 7 water with Activera a couple of days to clean the roots? Or 6.2 with Activera to clean the roots? :)
Try not to mess about with pH - keep it at 6.2 with ActiVera, but I think a drop of RootJuice too can give the roots a tonic if they have been stressed, BioHeaven also works
It's a bit of a guessing game for each strain in each setup, so go easy to start with and take it from there

Back
Top Bottom