Removing popcorn buds during flowering

Thats very true!! Allways go easy if its a new strain, not everyone can take too hard training. Ive had plants hermie in the past because of hard lolllipopping. Heres couple pics of how much i take off.
20200403_125913.jpg
20200401_101231.jpg
20200401_105134.jpg

Nice stuff guys. With my indoor winter crop, I've lollipoped my personal stash but have started simply to exfoliate (defoliate) in an extreme way. All fan leaves come off after the stretch and buds start packing. This produces enough light for the lower buds to grow.

As for my outdoor crop, I walk a different path. I always plant way way more than I can possibly harvest. A little over 1000 plants last year. At harvest time, I make a cola collection run, trim, and while it's drying, I go back for seconds run, trim, dry, cure, etc. I keep going back until hell freezes over, or I get it all. This gives the smaller buds time to firm up or mature a bit more. Sativa's are always more airy than Indicas so it's not at all about the "firmness" or photogenic buds. It's about yield. The better the bag appeal, the better the price. Smaller buds still go for a good price though. The really small stuff goes into oil and capsules which usually go for an even better price. I prefer the oil for myself because I hate smoking the crap. And oil keeps me high for 4-5 hours. But I never completely strip a plant.

I ALWAYS leave a popcorn flower on a branch (only at the top) for my last run. Why? Rhodelization. I carry a glass vial and can usually collect enough fem pollen to produce a couple thousand female seeds.

Here's a GG#4 girl giving up the goods.
Rhodelization.jpg
You are a bad mother fucker I’ve never thought of that!

Back
Top Bottom