Reverting to vegetation help

smacsidhe

Hey all, I had troubles with my first crop, and lost the chance to take clones before heading into flower. What happened was a rather serious nut lock that killed all my lower branches, and the veg had already been extended by a week by a prior nasty powder mold infestation. The nut lock almost killed the plants altogether, and it took a couple extra weeks to get them healthy enough to bud, and even then there weren't good clones to take.
Fast forward, I have harvested, and left some buds on the bottom of my canopy to generate new growth from. I now have new vegetative growth on at least one of each strain.
Thing is, these leaves look like mutants!
I will take pics and upload them tonight, as I had a seizure last night and twisted my knee and I don't want to go out twice. But maybe someone will know from the description. You know the oval, single lobe leaves you get from a seed when it first sprouts? These are like those, except huge! I have 2'' oval leaves - three and four dense layers of them! So I was wondering, is this normal, or is something wrong with the ladies?

Nope, that's normal, although they're mighty large. That's probably a good sign of vigor.

After 2-3 weeks of long days, they'll start to produce normal leaves again. Within a month you should be able to get some decent clones from it.

I took some Cin-x cuttings quite a few weeks ago. It took a long time but finally, some roots. Then seemingly overnight it filled in top to bottom with single leaves with no serrations and no veins. It stayed that way for a couple of weeks and then started growing. I transplanted into a gallon pot a week and a half or so ago. Yesterday I transplanted all of the ladies and this one, the roots had FILLED her pot. I couldn't believe it. She is now in a 3 gallon fabric pot so we will see how she does. She still only has 3 fingered leaves and only on the new branches.

0081007.JPG

The clone on the left looked the same as the one on the right when they were cut. The one on the right rooted at the same time as the other. It lost it's fan leaves so doesn't have a lot of solar panels. But the "sugar" leaves are starting to grow out so I am hopeful that she will revert and grow like her sister!

Back
Top Bottom