Revert to vegetative outdoors

falang50

DSCN4886.JPG

I'm looking for advice on reverting to vegetative after harvest in about 4-6 weeks. I am in a temperate climate - never frosts. I prefer to keep my plant outdoors, with no additional lighting . Can I go back to "veg" by returning to a more nitrogen based fertilizer, and attempting not to beat up my plant too badly when I harvest. I assume that I should leave as much leaf as is possible. How should I prune the plant to encourage growth after she finishes? After she returns to "veg", she will be transplanted up to the mountains. After December 21, it gets easier because days get longer, and I assume that I will have to "baby" her a bit for 2 months or so.
Location is northern Thailand, always warm - never cold.
Thanks
P.S. Strain is White Widow X Big Bud, started 20 June +/-, so she never had much vegetative time - went into flowering very quickly.
Presently about 24" (60 cm) tall, no pests. Have used 10% human urine for growth fertilizer, purchased chemical bloom fertilizer, in addition to wood ash. Looking for bone meal, and will use banana peels as well for K and P.

It's the genetics and the length of night that determines when a plant flowers. So if your days and nights are close to equal where you live, you're going to have to let them flower when their genetics tell them to. But I do understand that using vegetative nutes (with Nitrogen) encourages leafy growth and slows flowering. Urine and fishy water will do wonders.

Pruning is not necessary right now. Hopefully you have a few nodes below your last cut. Let the plant regenerate herself naturally for a couple months or so, before you start trimming and shaping her.

Thanks for the input. Really have done no pruning, since she jumped quickly into flowering.
Maybe she'll finish 5-6 weeks. we'll see. After that, nutes, and let her do it herself. Again, Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom