RH vs humidity level gauge from cigar humidor

KarlJay

I bought a Csonka humidor accessory kit. I needed a small humidity gauge and this kit had one. It's called a "Radial Hygrometer Humidity Gauge"

I wanted to test it so I put it in the freezer along with my digital RH gauge.

An hour later, the digital says 16% and 18 deg F ... the Csonka says 50%

Before I started the test, they were both at about 40%

I got this to put inside the jars because it's about the size of a quarter.

Is this normal, is my test valid?

Should I put them in the same sealed jar and add a spray water to run a few tests?

Is this the difference between RH and Humidity?

I expected it to be accurate because it came from a smoke shop and seems to be a "brand name"

humidity is humidity. I would do the bag trick salt salt and water in a bottle cap and sit the hygrometer in the bag with it and wait over night. I usually just leave the top off my jars threw the night and leave them on during the day. My last harvest I left he tops off until the buds were completely dry then leave the top on for the rest of the cure. That way it ensures that the 62% humidity will set in for sure and stay there.

More than an hour in and the digital one is reading 56%... That's the one I was trusting :O Maybe this explains the difference between the digital and the other cheap one I was using before I got the cigar one.

I'll be checking the cheap radial one next.

The sad thing is that the digital one give me the high/low readings and I liked that.

Its going to be hard to get tehm all to read equally. Most hygrometers has dials on them to adjust

After I read this, I went over to see if the cheap radial one had an adjustment. Looked on the back and it does! Glad you posted that.

Now I don't have a clue what to do with the digital one, maybe it has some kinda adjustment screw.

Back
Top Bottom